Help needed new micra owner

CMF_bornwina

» CMF Member
Hi folks...just purchased a micra 1994 L about 2 weeks ago and for about the last 4-5 days i have had problems regarding stalling.This happens if i dont rev the car for about 30 seconds or so prior to driving away,basically i pull up at a junction then the engine cuts out and the battery light shows,The car will start again no problem and will sometimes not do it again all day.Also i find when iam in third gear the car is sluggish,i have tried running some injection cleaner through the engine but this has not cured it..I have read some posts regarding re-soldering the throttle body but iam a bit reluctant to try myself...any helpp or advice would be well appreciated....Top site by the way

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Hi and welcome to the site. Sounds like the Throttle body is to blame, esp after you said "i pull up at a junction then the engine cuts out and the battery light shows". Do you have a friend who could do this? if not maybe print out the PDF guide on the website and take it too a workshop and get them to do it,

Alex

CMF_bornwina

» CMF Member
sorry forgot to mention the other problem i've been having re-headlights..i have noticed at night the lights dim just a tad when i take my foot of the accelerator and then come on again when i give the car some gas

Back