Grrr!

S

Stevec

Hi all.

I recently bought a K11 1.3LX. Lovely car - can't believe how quick it is, for something so understated.

Anyway... initially it had really bad running problems - if you floored it, it would cut out etc.

So I changed the throttle body, and it now runs quite happily... most of the time.

I have noticed that when it is warmed up, sometimes if you give it a foot full, you can feel it slightly hesitate - doesn't judder or anything like that, but it's noticeable.

And then last night, I hadn't gone far, gave it some throttle coming out of a roundabout, and it started to violently 'Kangaroo', and whilst it would still tickover, I had to sit still for a couple of minutes with it ticking over, before it would rev normally... oh, and I could really smell the 'rotten eggs' smell associated with a cat warming up.

So... is it possible it's yet another throttle body fault, or would the above be explained by a dodgy temperature sensor?

Also, is there anything else that is likely to cause this... the fact it really messed about when it wasn't quite warmed up suggests maybe I should be looking at the temp sensor, and if so, can I use the one off of a 1.0 K11, as I have one for spares.

TIA

Update:
-------
I've driven the car this morning, and the problem has mainly only showed up when I've floored it, or I've been travelling at speed down a dual carriageway - once it shows up, even if you slow down, it doesn't go away until you've stopped, and let the car idle for a while.

If pull away at a sensible pace and cruise along at 65ish, it doesn't show at all.

Help!

I don't mind throwing money at the car, so long as I can determine what exactly needs attention.

Cheers

my throttle body also needs replacing, its on its last legs a think. cuts out everytime i stop.

how much u want for your spare one??? if its any good

The only way to find out is by testing the ecu fault codes using the "paperclip" method as explained in the haynes manual. 13 is coolant temp sensor. 12 is the airflow meter.

hughes_16v said:
my throttle body also needs replacing, its on its last legs a think. cuts out everytime i stop.

how much u want for your spare one??? if its any good
It isn't, hence why I swapped it with the one that's now on there ;)

Nismo HK11 said:
The only way to find out is by testing the ecu fault codes using the "paperclip" method as explained in the haynes manual. 13 is coolant temp sensor. 12 is the airflow meter.
Ok... think I will be buying a Haynes manual this weekend, then.

As an aside, I like this car so much, I'm thinking of raising the money to buy a Super S or SR - are the later 1.4 models as rev happy, and fun to drive?

Back