K11 Top Speed?

wrong antony, its MPH, but its just not labled. if it were KMPH, that means it would be doing about 30mph in 2nd gear rofl.

Andy_S said:
dont mean to be rude anyway but your all taking pics of your speeds at very very high instant ban speeds. Very dangerous.

yea on private tracks :p

grizzer said:
people all i know is my super s revs over 6500 rpm, the tacho is not faulty its smooth action all the way, i,ve held the revs at 7500 rpm for 1 mile in 3 rd gear and its not blown up yet.

it will rev over 6500 yes as the limiter is not at that rpm its closer to 7k.

still, the limiter will stop you reving any higher. no point anyway, like its been said max torque is at 4400 rpm and max power is produced at 6000rpm. different cams will shift this powerband.

either your tacho's bust or someones removed your rev limiter....

On Bricks!

Low Rider said:
Not quite flat out, but only one I have

That's fast! was that a 1.3?
I bet you had the wheels off the ground, up on bricks or something?! :D
I'm kidding!

Mines is 92 and that's GPS... thanks to my dad's Hand Held! Don't know if that's accurate though... we'll see what happens when I sort my electrics and ignition problem! :)

Weighing it up: The clock was at 110ish... never knew how inaccurate the dials where... but there you go!

-JGti

Again another topic with some people admitting breaking the speed limit - come on Mod's where are you? I thought the MSC didn't agree with this?

LOL

Top speed for me is 70 - thats all the motorway lets me do ;)

Drive-way!

wilsonian said:
Again another topic with some people admitting breaking the speed limit - come on Mod's where are you? I thought the MSC didn't agree with this?

LOL

I done it in my drive-way... :grinning:

wilsonian said:

LOL

there is a big private track that i go to between my house and work ;) i think they call it Santa Bath Eastern bypass pod or something like that :p

Santa bypass pod...

NeX said:
there is a big private track that i go to between my house and work ;) i think they call it Santa Bath Eastern bypass pod or something like that :p

Hahaha! I've heard of that before... what's the distance and track record? ;)

Jeez NeX... do you work or have you nothing better to do like me?

-JGti

JamieGti said:
Hahaha! I've heard of that before... what's the distance and track record? ;)

Jeez NeX... do you work or have you nothing better to do like me?

-JGti

distace is 1/4 mile and record is 14.5 sec so far ;) lol

actually i have built a secret PC in the workshop that no one knows about ;)

my excuse is they don't pay me enough :p

NeX's CV...

wilsonian said:
i think Nex is employed by MSC to spam it! :D LOL

I can just imagine the Job Description:

"Professional Spammer Wanted:

Mouthy middle-aged man needed to harass, voice his opinion over every one else and be a general pain in the A*se! Must have experience in being a total Tw*t..." etc etc...

I'm only kidding NeX... :D I think this Forum would miss you!

Please don't ban me :(

P.S: My top speed is 92MPH messured by GPS... just to remind you! (and stay on topic!) :laugh:

-JamieGti

JamieGti said:
I can just imagine the Job Description:

"Professional Spammer Wanted:

Mouthy middle-aged man needed to harass, voice his opinion over every one else and be a general pain in the A*se! Must have experience in being a total Tw*t..." etc etc...

I'm only kidding NeX... :D I think this Forum would miss you!

Please don't ban me :(

P.S: My top speed is 92MPH messured by GPS... just to remind you! (and stay on topic!) :laugh:

-JamieGti

well i had to outspam Chuck Norris to get this position ;)

hmmmm. Makes me wonder how when car magazines such as autocar etc test cars using sophisticated timing gear they get MUCH lower speeds? Such as 92 (15.0 secs 0-60) for a K11 1.0lx and 98 (12.9 secs 0-60)for a 1.3si!
Maybe the engines are quite tight on these test cars? Maybe some of the speeds claimed here are a little optimistic??

My march ST from a standing start will be doing 100mph in only 400 meters :) lol, and extra lolol @ the thought that the ST was reading kph :)

lol anyone who says they have never exceeded the speed limit and owns a car can shove it!! we all have and we all do it when we think its safe!

anyway you can always use the excusse that copper did!! i was familiorising myself with the car and its abilitys!! im sure it says you should familiorise yourself with you vehical in the owners manual!!

anyway 112MPH in mine damn you limiter!!

I just want to bring this old cat out of the bag.....

k11s are defiently limited yes or no?

my march is limited to 112mph like ians because i know because i went that fast at a racetrack that you dnt need to know about. All i want to find out is wether k11s have a limiter and how to get shot of it.

thanks

Now you're lying... no man can ever outspam Chuck! :|

except me muhahahahaha :D

Ignorance_is_bliss_by_N_eXu_S.jpg

don't know whos car this is :wasntme: but i know its a stock engine :p

I just want to bring this old cat out of the bag.....

k11s are defiently limited yes or no?

my march is limited to 112mph like ians because i know because i went that fast at a racetrack that you dnt need to know about. All i want to find out is wether k11s have a limiter and how to get shot of it.

thanks

yes and no, pre nats uk k11s do not have a speed limit.

nats and japanese are limited to 180kph - 112mph

to remove it? alter the ecu's rom

or do something with the speed signal

it will be indicated mine was over 120 when we dtscaned it and phil was in the car we hit the limiter and with wheel calculations factord in 195/50/5's the top speed was 117mph so i gained 5mph with the taller wheels but now i have a non nats micra i dont have a limiter shame its still a 1.0 and wont pull the skin of a custard..

i know thor sell some top speed unrestricer. dnt no where to get hold of these things.

im not to fussed as 112mph is way to fast me in my march!!

it will be indicated mine was over 120 when we dtscaned it and phil was in the car we hit the limiter and with wheel calculations factord in 195/50/5's the top speed was 117mph so i gained 5mph with the taller wheels but now i have a non nats micra i dont have a limiter shame its still a 1.0 and wont pull the skin of a custard..

on mine the indicated speed was 117mph when th limiter kicked in. the speedo and the ecu get the speed reading from the same source i.e the speedo drive in the box, so they should be the same, indicated and ecu reading. regardless of wheel size, it should still read 117mph, if not then your speed limiter is set higher? fair enough with bigger wheels you'll be going quicker that with normal sized tyres, but the ecu can't take that into account. the only easy way to see how fast you're actually going is with gprs.

nats and japanese are limited to 180kph - 112mph

my nat's isn't 112mph;). and do all marchs have a electronic speedo drive? or are pre-facelift marchs cable driven like micras, if so then surley they can't be limited if the speedo's been converted to mph? well at least not till 180mph!

same problem as stani,

with the car standard i got 1.5mph out my 1.0l

now ive added the induction kit, exhaust n stuff ive never seen that speed again:(

these mods are seeing you low end power increase and top end power loss. especially as the exhaust cannot create enough back pressure to maintain a top end speed.

The marches will have a speed sensor in the speedo assembly that I would assume reports the speed to the ECU. The Super S K10s with the basic ECC have this too.

Backpressure is not the problem, it's the criminally short cam duration that the 1.0's have, they are just not designed to make good top end torque and therefore power. 196deg duration from a cam with less than 6mm lift! Another factor is the Janspeed exhaust is not really optimised for the 1.0......it's marketed for 1.0 and 1.3's. I reckon the F1000 exhausts would be a better bet for an otherwise standard engine.

1.3 cams make such a difference in the 1.0's. An extra 26deg duration, (222deg) on both inlet and exhaust cams and an increase of around 1.8mm in lift IIRC and with no real loss in low end torque, since they have no overlap.

As for top speeds the book speeds of 93mph for the 54bhp 1.0 K11's and 106mph for the 1.3 75bhp K11's is VERY reliable.......I have tested this with a GPS and have been within 1mph of these figures. Indicated speeds are way out on K11's at higher speeds......120 on the speedo is pretty close to 110 on a GPS.

except me muhahahahaha :D

Ignorance_is_bliss_by_N_eXu_S.jpg

don't know whos car this is :wasntme: but i know its a stock engine :p

you can quite clearly see that the bonnet is up in the air on this...... so its spinning the wheels in the air..

allthough on my 1994 super S k11 i have had it off the clock while chasing down a Zetec S Fiesta.....:laugh: :laugh: oh how he laughed when i passed him...

(on a race track..)

you can quite clearly see that the bonnet is up in the air on this...... so its spinning the wheels in the air..

allthough on my 1994 super S k11 i have had it off the clock while chasing down a Zetec S Fiesta.....:laugh: :laugh: oh how he laughed when i passed him...

(on a race track..)

lol mate if the bonnet was up in the air it was only because it hit a bump in the road lol it was definatly on the ground when the pic was taken :) what you can see is the wiper spoiler on my wiper blades

Hey all :) Im new 18yrs old and drive my parents Mirca lol :( 1.1l 5dr :( Not a K11 or anything but it shakes when it gets just over 70 lol close to 80! Anyone know why this is? Needs 2 new front tyrs and loses so much grip when turning sharp.... ( wrong section but dam the steering is stiff :p

Hey all :) Im new 18yrs old and drive my parents Mirca lol :( 1.1l 5dr :( Not a K11 or anything but it shakes when it gets just over 70 lol close to 80! Anyone know why this is? Needs 2 new front tyrs and loses so much grip when turning sharp.... ( wrong section but dam the steering is stiff :p

welcome to the forums :)

first of all you will need to post in the right section cos it helps you contact the right people.

if you have just started driving then you may be used to power steering so that why it might be stiff.
it will shake probably because the tracking is out or the wheels are not balanced properly.

but any car will shake if it goes fast enough, mine will shake after 100mph...

also i don't think your car is a 1.1 because i don't think nissan did a 1.1, it may be a 1.0 or a 1.2 if its a k10, (boxy type)

hope this helps :) but please try to post in the right sections next time ;)

Aye sorry the relevant part was yhe speed :p but i have been driving since september i alost drive a megane 1.4....but the micra is a 1,1 16v im sure of it, perhaps 1.1 though. It's K11 shape duno if it is? 5dr Nreg..got 2 new tyrs to go on soon, hopfully that will help the streering/grip...Hope to see more posts ;) anyway back to topic :p? Sorry about that

Aye sorry the relevant part was yhe speed :p but i have been driving since september i alost drive a megane 1.4....but the micra is a 1,1 16v im sure of it, perhaps 1.1 though. It's K11 shape duno if it is? 5dr Nreg..got 2 new tyrs to go on soon, hopfully that will help the streering/grip...Hope to see more posts ;) anyway back to topic :p? Sorry about that

sounds like a k11, do you know the model? yep get the new tyres on ASAP they make a world of difference. i'm pretty sure there are no 1.1 engines made by nissan... i could be wrong..

K10s had 1.0, 1.2
K11s had 1.0, 1.3, 1.4
K12s have 1.0 1.2 1.6

there may have been some odd diesel ones....

Back