K11 Top Speed?

B

BenK11

Hey dudes, I've searched the forums concerning this topic but couldn't find anything. Anyway I was just wondering what people's top speeds have been in their K11s 1.0 and 1.3s, I've managed just over a ton in my 1.0l, on a private road of course! :laugh: Ben

Got 115 down a hill in a 1.3, then had to back off cause of traffic. Value my licence too much now so don't try for top speed.

Ive never tried for top speed, i would rather have a super quick 0 - 60 then a massive top speed

got 105 up hill but that was indicated and running on 3 cyclinder (didnt realise at the time) dont really take mine over 100 becuase it gets really unstable, the shocks and springs with wide tyres have made it better but i think twice about it now, not as reckless as i used to be.

Micra K11 1.3 si -100 dead - On Road Angel GPS - 105 on speedo - felt I could go a little faster tho as the car was very stable and inch or so throttle left!!

Micra K10 1.0 super - 70 - On Road Angel GPS

S2000 - A lot lot faster!!!!

1.0 K10 speedo showing 105

1.3 K11 top speed limiter (120)

sunny zx coupe 140 with a bit left to go. if memory serves, tacho read upto 7K and at 5 and half K the speedo read 140 :D

my.php

110 down hill in a 1.0l, had a little more in it but a BMW pulled out in front of me.

Value my license too much to try it again.

120 hitting the speed limiter in 5th on my 1.3 still had loads of revs left if you could get rid of the limiter..

Raceworx said:
120 hitting the speed limiter in 5th on my 1.3 still had loads of revs left if you could get rid of the limiter..

Same for me, but in 4th. If was no limiter then it would be much faster :)

is the limiter in the ecu or something? and is it easily removeable? (not that it will apply to me for a good while yet neway)

Are you guys talking about the rev limiter? Or is the k11 restricted speed-wise in 5th gear?

rlees85 said:
120mph ecu limit, any gear id imagiine.
:upside:
Maybe I'm not making myself clear, I mean at 120 mph in 5th gear are you bouncing off the rev limiter, like in 2nd at 55mph and 3rd at 85mph etc...?? Ben

nooooooooo way not in my k11 neway!
was doing 5,750 rpm at 110, so i bet it'd be doing 6,250 at 120... and it hits the limiter just before 7,000.

my stock k11 1.3 will do 120, @ about 5500 RPM i'm not sure how i did it but i've done it twice now :) took ####ing ages to get there....

i regularly hit 100 on the way to work on the duel carrage way, there are plenty of snotty nosed beamers on their way to work so i can't help myself :)

i think 120 is the limit without mods to the engine.

top speed is crap anyway. You wouldnt get near that on a track, what you want is a blistering 0-100 time of 17 seconds :)

135 MPH, that was in my Xsara VTS though, there was more left but bottled it :laugh:

Maxed out at about 100Mph on the 1.0L Micra.

James said:
29-DSC00293.JPG

I have had it on 120 though, indicated, not GPS.

i bet your tank was on full when you started lol,

i lost sooo much fuel, and i was making good time too, i was taking a minute off my GPS's ETA every second!! until some dumbass in a KA pulled infront of me...

you don't pull infront of a car that is doing 120 when your only doing 70 lol

Speed limiter? I've not had a problem with one, atleast not that I've been aware of. Only top speed I ever got was 118 on the GPS, around 5600rpm'ish. I did manage 6000rpm in 5th on a flat road and 6400rpm downhill in 5th before running out of bottle in my supers a few years ago, but don't know what that translates to speed wise.............certainly more than 120, where people seem to think the limiter is.

IIRC the link to a video of you (I guessed) doing that on Cisco's said that it was 200kmp/h.
Never gotten more that 105 out of mine on the flat.

As far as i am aware, there is no speed limiter on a standard k11 micra, I have followed Lowrider at a speed indicated over 120, and it was still just about pulling.

uk k11's have no speed limiter on the ecu, well they do, but its not used really, in regard to top speed, 100+ from standard cg10's nah, i struggled to get 120 with a tuned cg13

micra_pete said:
uk k11's have no speed limiter on the ecu, well they do, but its not used really, in regard to top speed, 100+ from standard cg10's nah, i struggled to get 120 with a tuned cg13

if you mean 100mph by GPS then i agree, unless obviously ur on a massive down-hill.

100mph on the clock is doable, which is normally about 10% over-read, meaning its going about 90mph really.

Maxxed out 5th gear with ease on 195/690/14 tyres...

Using the current gear ratios, engine speed and tyres size it worked out at around 174 mph.

I now have 205/60/14 tyres on the front, so it will be capable of more now!

Cheers

Dave

Back