K11 Top Speed?

NISMO_ALMERA said:
Maxxed out 5th gear with ease on 195/690/14 tyres...

Using the current gear ratios, engine speed and tyres size it worked out at around 174 mph.

I now have 205/60/14 tyres on the front, so it will be capable of more now!

Cheers

Dave

1.0 these days, truly amazing.........

yeah but if hes maxed out a gear. By using the revs, gear ratio's, wheel and tyre size you should be able to get an exact measurment on speed, so no need for GPS in this case?

got 129mph on road angel and sat nav at same time in my 1.3 lx, slightly played with though, lots of mods, that was on the flat, overtaking a flat out primera 2litre gt!! lol! rock on micra power! 1/4 mile in 15.1 sec at the pod!

ive been off the clock at about 6200rpm in 5th passing a strugglin to keep up punto Turbo...... with gps on the way home after i baught the car i had 122mph..... then my sunroof broke off and slowed me to less than 80mph.....

Lou, what have you done have you done to your micra to make it achive this type of acceleration and top speed? Your either boosted or very heavily N/A tuned.

Ian.

I dont know what my top speed is, I dont really care tbh, its not exactly a useful measurement of performance and of no use to me!

I have had 101MPH going by GPS (connected to 32 sats at the time) in my 1.0L. It would have probably pulled a little more, but I think I would have run out of road if I were to wait for that lol :D

Retepetsir said:
I dont know what my top speed is, I dont really care tbh, its not exactly a useful measurement of performance and of no use to me!

i agree.....but its just gettiing to the rev limiter in 5th!! not many have done it :)

thekore said:
I have had 101MPH going by GPS (connected to 32 sats at the time) in my 1.0L. It would have probably pulled a little more, but I think I would have run out of road if I were to wait for that lol :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't GPS use 5 satellites?

Alienfish360 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't GPS use 5 satellites?

i have a 32 Channel BT-Q880 Bluetooth GPS Sat Nav Reciever, apparently it can aquire 32 satelites in parallel. I had a 100% connection according to my iBook at the time. But on further investigation that would mean I was connected to 28 GPS Satelites which would make it far more accurate reading... apparently. Might be wrong, i dont truely understand GPS lol :D

You need at least 3 saterlites to get a 'lock' on you accurately.

BTW I have had the ST mesured for 0-100 mph at bruntingthorpe proving ground at just over 14 seconds. (without nitrous!)

lol, speed is bad hehehe i did 100+ coming up to a roundabout just over taking my mate in my p11 2.0i almost died and i swared never to push it round a bend again lol not untill shes lowered :p

k11 1.0l was bout 105mph

Why is everyone sooo obsessed with how fast they can get their cars to go? Is it just an "age" thing? fwn (btw mines states 119 mph in the book)! :laugh:

170mph on me bike with a bit more in it. and just over 220mph on my uncles bike.. oh this was on my private airfield officer ;) ,

i guess my micra could hit a ton, it gets to 90 v easily then starts to struggle (also on a private airfield :D ).

clearly this is all illegal thrashing, the worst thing is its around on public roads putting yourself and others at risk.

Type-R said:
clearly this is all illegal thrashing, the worst thing is its around on public roads putting yourself and others at risk.

dont want to cause an argument here(its not like me) i agree with your point 100%

but smoking does, it kills more and its still legal

thats because cars were invented not to long ago. should have smoking tabacco been discovered in todays age. It would have been banned.

Perhaps they should put a tax on speeding, you will be let off with +10mph over the limit so long as you pay £10 a month. +20 = £20 a month.

Everyone speeds EVERY day. (when you drive youre car that day :D)

Ian said:
thats because cars were invented not to long ago. should have smoking tabacco been discovered in todays age. It would have been banned.

so if we reverse it and cars where invented first and smoking found a long time after .there would be no speed limits and smoking would be banned?

haha.

Lol Rik, thats quite a good point.. ahahaa
If a leaf falls from a tree and lands on the floor, reversing the mathmatical equation will bring the leaf back to its original location - you reversed what he said and instead of it giving you the answer(the original location of the leaf) - it made nonsence..(the leaf went off somewhere) lol

o.k because smoking was invented along with the square wheel its o.k to be legal in 2006?? nope it should have been banned a very long time ago

it doesnt matter IF it was inveted in todays world..because it wasnt

Retepetsir said:
What a stupid statement to make.

every time somebody steps into the car and drives it they are 99.9% to break at least one speed limit, if not only by 1mph for 1 second.

Unless your driving around with a flatty or something

It is STUPID to think that NOONE breaks the speed limit Retepetsir.

Why would it matter if you drive round with a fatty?

106mph having a laff with my auntie who was in her Z4 down a big hill on the M1 northbound. but that was on speedo so might be about 103mph true or 100mph lol.

OMG. I brought a a GPS system the other day and my speedo is about 10mph over the actual speed :(

thekore said:
apparently it can aquire 32 satelites in parallel.

Thats impressive!! apparently theres only 24 GPS satellites in the world, so it must search outer space for the other 8!!

you mean its over 10mph at a certain speed? as if it said you were doing 5mph you wouldnt be doing -5mph lol. i know what you mean though. upto about 10% the speedo are allowed to overread i think. thats why i dont think a gps system is needed or a sppedo recalibration if you get bigger wheels. your not going to go faster than what your speedo says.

incidentally.
not many people know that if the potato had just been discovered it would be banned as a food sold for consumption under EU regulations, as its very toxic.

Arnold said:
Thats impressive!! apparently theres only 24 GPS satellites in the world, so it must search outer space for the other 8!!

I am aware of that, I dont know why manufacturers claim such things. It would be feasable for the hardware to connect to 32 if there were that many available My GPS

i heard Galileo is going to be the new best thing for navigation systems. 30 satelites + the use of gps satellites. etc. will be much more accurate. trasmissions apparently started last year and will be fully active by 2008 at latest. the americans wont be able to switch if off if they wished to with this system.

Taking pictures of your speedo travling at over 100miles per hour,
I thought any topics on illigal racing where deleted...

105ish...

Back