Buyer's guide - K11?

Hello all

I'm new here so be gentle :devil:

Right, do you want the long version or the short?

Short: I'm considering getting a 1.0 K11 Micra and I'd like to know what I need to look for?

Long: I do a fair bit of road rallying and Endurance rallying. Enduro has classes for <1.0, <1.3 and <1.4. Currently, I use a Rover 214 (don't laugh too much, its done me well so far!)

Image003.jpg

The problem is I rather badly trashed it on the last rally - like managed to bend the rear suspension mounts about 2-3" out of line. As they're part of the car rather than on a sub-frame, that effectively writes-off that shell :down:

While I've built up a lot of knowledge and experience with the Rover and I gove all the kit (cage, spares, suspension, etc), I'm just wondering about swapping for a K11 Micra. The <1.0l class is under-represented, so there's a chance of getting some class wins (!!), also there is the F1000 club with provides cheap stage rallying for <1.0l cars, oh and theres a reasonably reliable buzz that the MSA are going to allow youngsters from 14yo to start driving on closed stage events, and as my son a couple of years away, getting a car now would let me build up so experience with it before handing it over to him!

you need to look out for rust on the front crossmember, the sills and floor pan behind the front seats, have a listen to the engine, if the camchain is rattling a lot then it will need replacing, but dont worry about a little noise from it, they all do it.

Back