K11 Top Speed?

Most I've got is 95mph so far but I haven't tried very hard, that was on flat motorway but I had to exit at the junction before it could get much further, it would have took a while cause from about 90mph in 5th with foot flat to floor it was gaining about 1mph every 3 seconds lol not really practical in a 1.0 Micra to do more, waste of petrol. Plus it felt a bit scarily unstable, every gust of wind at 95mph was felt hehe.

Arnold said:
They are, but posts about top speeds isnt discussing street racing etc

I disagree with that, how many of these results have actually been achieved in controlled conditions on private tarmac?
The only difference between this post and racing is that your target to beat is next to you, as opposed to what some one says (and could have exaggerated) what they have managed, I am surprised that the thread has lasted this long TBH.

grizzer

1.3 super s with some mods, 4 branch manifold, de-cat pipe, k&n induction kit, 120 mph on flat and off the clock down hill, friend following me in honda vetec said we were doing 135 mph, used a lot of petrol and very loud exhaust noise, cruise at 110 mph no problem all day.

grizzer said:
1.3 super s with some mods, 4 branch manifold, de-cat pipe, k&n induction kit, 120 mph on flat and off the clock down hill, friend following me in honda vetec said we were doing 135 mph, used a lot of petrol and very loud exhaust noise, cruise at 110 mph no problem all day.

what RPM where you at when you did 135? i bet that is the limit of a CG13de gearbox,

it will be interesting to see what the same engine with a GA16de gear box would do...

it does, but if the engine doesnt have enough power, it won't be able overcome resistance to get to a higher speed then a shorter ratio box.

Im sorry, but how can everyone be gettin over a ton in a 1.0 L? I get the car to around 85 then back off, cos it sounds like its gonna blow up.............

Layla said:
it does, but if the engine doesnt have enough power, it won't be able overcome resistance to get to a higher speed then a shorter ratio
box.

yea so if the engine is maxin' out on a CG13de box, a Ga box would probably be a good upgrade :D

and in theory you would be able to brake the 120 barrier

Alienfish360 said:
depends whether the engine is maxxing out the box, or whether it just doesn't have the power to overcome the resistance.

yep, well if the engine is at 7000 RPM and the car is doing 135 does that mean the engine is maxed out or the gearbox?

i think the max possible is 139mph on a cg13 box, but don't quote me on that. You can find out through gear ratio calculators.

*with a standard limiter.

Ian said:
i think the max possible is 139mph on a cg13 box, but don't quote me on that. You can find out through gear ratio calculators.

*with a standard limiter.

you'd need a seroiusly modded CG13 engine to get that fast :D

what happens to the box when you exceed that speed?

Alienfish360 said:
you can't exceed that speed, the gearing won't allow it.
But thats not the answer he wanted.

Nex: when you exceed 139mph in a micra some fairies come from the 4th dimension and take you away into the unknown.

Alienfish360 said:
you can't exceed that speed, the gearing won't allow it.

i see, so what if you were to try and force it? would it just blow up..... like Titch's car lol, sorry mate ;)

I assume it just would carry on, it's like on a push bike, put it in the lowest gear, no matter how fast you pedal you hit a point where you can't go any faster till you change the gear

Alienfish360 said:
I assume it just would carry on, it's like on a push bike, put it in the lowest gear, no matter how fast you pedal you hit a point where you can't go any faster till you change the gear

i see, so the engine would just out run itself,

i will keep that in mind :) i like insane top speeds over fast acceliration

thats the point, you cant exceede that speed with a standard limiter, at that speed you will be in 5th bouncing off the limiter. Unless you increase it, then you just go faster, as long as you have the power. Insane top speeds are pointless, it would take ages to get there with a regular modded engine.

Yom said:
You're in the wrong car then.

:p we'll see :p

Ian said:
thats the point, you cant exceede that speed with a standard limiter, at that speed you will be in 5th bouncing off the limiter. Unless you increase it, then you just go faster, as long as you have the power. Insane top speeds are pointless, it would take ages to get there with a regular modded engine.

but you could with a taller gearbox...

insane top speeds are pointless but SOOO much fun :D

Alienfish360 said:
insane top speeds are pointless but SOOO much fun :D

only when you can use them

exactly thats why there are pointless, cos there is hardly anywhere you can do them but when you do.... :D

Had the car re-mapped and now with DTA ecu in it. Will pull upto 129 on GPS in 5th Gear @ 5797 Rpm

And more to come :)

That sounds too optimisic to me Titch. Even the ST would struggle to reach that in any sensible distance.

Ed said:
That sounds too optimisic to me Titch. Even the ST would struggle to reach that in any sensible distance.

but his is a 1.3 with a Ga16 box.... if that makes 9 miles worth of difference

grizzer

i,d like to know what the max rev limit is on k11 1.3 engine, i have on a few occasions pushed it over 7500 rpm and it loved it, most of the power on mine comes after 5000 rpm, 2 nd gear is rapid from the lights, 4 branch exhaust is the best mod, it helps the engine rev much quicker, my super s used to choke up at 5000 rpm now it just flys.

is there a DIY method to riase rev limit and unrestrict top end limiter?

as in arranging jumpers on the ecu board or something?

Type-R said:

Don't quote me on this, but I believe you need a stand alone ECU system to remove or move the limiter?

people all i know is my super s revs over 6500 rpm, the tacho is not faulty its smooth action all the way, i,ve held the revs at 7500 rpm for 1 mile in 3 rd gear and its not blown up yet.

it's not possible to do that, the limiter is at 6500 on a CG13 :p You're tacho is reading out, what does it idle at? warm and cold?

Your tacho may be reading out at higher revs like speedos read out at higher speeds

Type-R said:

why do you want to up the rev limiter? its there for a reson and the power is at about 5000 so you won't gain anything.....

cold just under 1k and warm about 550 rpm depending if the fan is on

before mods on the car no reason to rev over 5k but now thats were the fun starts more revs more power.

Not really, true unless your power band moves, it will still output max power at around 6000rpm and max torque at around 4000rpm

After that 6000rpm you'll start to lose power, and after 4000rpm your torque will start to drop off

NeX said:
why do you want to up the rev limiter? its there for a reson and the power is at about 5000 so you won't gain anything.....

The Ultimate road cams moves the power to outside of the current rev range, so only then would you have an advantage of having the rev limiter moved. Or, you have other modifications that push it outside of rev range

Alienfish360 said:
Not really, true unless your power band moves, it will still output max power at around 6000rpm and max torque at around 4000rpm

After that 6000rpm you'll start to lose power, and after 4000rpm your torque will start to drop off

The Ultimate road cams moves the power to outside of the current rev range, so only then would you have an advantage of having the rev limiter moved. Or, you have other modifications that push it outside of rev range

i see, so the best thing to do is get one of those ultimate e mangage things right? that would be able to shift your rev range ;)

I don't know if Ultimate will, probably will do, but I'm not going to agree as I jsut don't know, Ed will know, but I know that you will be able to move it with some Standalone systems.

Alienfish360 said:

i can feel extra torque about 2900 rpm and then its smooth all the way to 5k and then more power comes in, is this normal for the 1.3

dont mean to be rude anyway but your all taking pics of your speeds at very very high instant ban speeds. Very dangerous.

Back