K11 bike carbs

Glen

Club Member
Right, Im looking at running bike carbs on the micra, this might sound stupid but im wondering how it works with the ecu. I know that the bike carbs don’t use the ecu to run but how does this work with the rest of the car, can I just fit the carbs and set up them up and leave the ecu in the car controlling the rest or is there more to it.
Sorry if this seems stupid but ive looked online and it doesn’t seem to have been answered .

Any help would be great.

i think the main problem is getting the inputs for the spark control glen, the ecu relies on the throttle position/rpm etc to govern the ignition map

So i could run r1 carbs as they have tps and would i need a map then or could i just run a k10 dizzy?

a k10 dizzy is very crude (centrifugal weights for rpm advance and a vacuum diaphram for load retard) but sure, and i dont know if the ecu will revert to a very conservative limp home map without any maf input ? (Ed would be the one to ask eh)

Thanks frank ill speak to ed and ill also speak to skinner, on a side note frank are you going to jae?

Would you be up for meeting after jae as stani and i are down that way?
i usually work weekends mate, so maybe :)
i had the strobe on our white micra this morning, and the ignition timing jumps all over the place when you blip the throttle (from 45 deg before tdc to well after tdc) so its quite a sophisticated map on these CG,s eh

Back