Bike Carbs

superls

K10 Tuner
hi all,

for those of you that may be interested, ive had my diy bike carbs on the car for over a week now, and i must say that they add a boat load of power, i can do in third now what i would have had to do in second before, if that makes sense, the same with 4th etc.

it accelerates and pulles loads better and faster, just for instance, on the private road down to work (it is actually a private road) before i could only attain 80-85mph, now i can go off the clock,

however i really need to get them set up correctly as i have only balanced them with my vacuum gauge, i need to get the fueling sorted out, but dont have the £150 ish ive been quoted.

the only downside at the moment is they are heavier on fuel than the standard carb, understandably, lol.

no pics of them on the engine unfortunately, the only ones ive got are HERE, but the only difference is that the manifold is now painted black and there are some push fit air connectors on the inlet pipes, to connect the vacuum gauge etc to. ill tru and get some pics later on today.

Looking good mate, you going to ultimate street car this year. Should have mine finished too, would make it a more interesting 1/4 mile!

ultimate street car wheres that?

maybe after the circumstances ive been dropped into today i may have so sell te micra :down: or at best strip it for parts, as i may need to find cash asap. its not looking good, i wish i didnt have to make the decision. anyway...

hopefully il be able to make it with the ''quickest 1.2 on the club'' lol (i wish),

but i dont know how its all gunna pan out, i really dont want to have to sell the micra its my baby.

Good luck with it all mate, hope you don't have to sell her!

What have you done to yours?
Heres mine so far:

Custom inlet manifold with 1 /34 SU hs4
Skimmed, gas flowed and 3 angled valves
custom 4-1 exhaust manifold (courtesy of Arnold)
straight through custom exhaust system with tanabe back box
Denso platinuim spark plugs and uprated HT leads.

Where you standing at the moment? Mine isn't doing alot but its running will be set up within a week or so. Just have to decide on what cam to go for next.

Pics: http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/wrenchable/

Considering not many people do much to the 1.2's think we have the best chance, considering how much you have done yourself kind've of want yours to be the fastest. lol

Edit: just got bored and setup the carb, should be on the road and down the tuning shop for next friday. Just wondering have you considered a ma10 bottom pulley??

well mines got,

custom inlet with cbr600 carbs (as you know lol)
custom 4-2-1 exhaust mani
straight through system into a standard gutted backbox
standart head for the time being, but in my spare time ive been opening the ports up on a spair head and was planning to do a head rebuild with a new cam but dont know which one to use but havent really looked into it tbh, i was put off with the fact that i would have to manufacturer an adjustable cam pully, but atm this is never gunna get completed.

what cams have you looked into i only knew about the piper regrinds that ed can get done but read a little bad press on them.

i did tink about the 1.0 bottom pully as i have on off of my old engine but havent got the altenator pully to match. but then again i was considering doing what frank as done and fit a solar panel so dont need the altenator in the summer.

solar panel does sound great but think i would go for a smaller alternator myself from scrppies then recon it myself.

Not heard anything bad about the piper cams myself its just i don't think that there cam will suit my engine which is a shame since i get huge discount there. lol
Think i will be going with this company, they have alot larger and better choice. http://www.dbilas-dynamic.de/dbilas_eng/index.htm

I'll look into an adjustable cam pulley mate, shouldn't be too difficult.

well mines got,

custom inlet with cbr600 carbs (as you know lol)
custom 4-2-1 exhaust mani
straight through system into a standard gutted backbox
standart head for the time being, but in my spare time ive been opening the ports up on a spair head and was planning to do a head rebuild with a new cam but dont know which one to use but havent really looked into it tbh, i was put off with the fact that i would have to manufacturer an adjustable cam pully, but atm this is never gunna get completed.

what cams have you looked into i only knew about the piper regrinds that ed can get done but read a little bad press on them.

i did tink about the 1.0 bottom pully as i have on off of my old engine but havent got the altenator pully to match. but then again i was considering doing what frank as done and fit a solar panel so dont need the altenator in the summer.[/quotew
was it quick mate :)

Back