K10 Silicone hoses group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Hiya all,
Do samco do a rad hose etc kit for k10s as mine need replacing and i thought i may as well upgrade at the same time!
Cheers
Joe

doubt it mate, however with enough interest they would make a hose kit for the car. the boys over in the mr2 owners club have sent a set of engine pipes off to samco so they can make some for us

im sure they would do the same for us, but id want to change all the water pipes not just the rad ones

Can't you just buy some silicon pipe and bend to fit? or would hoses from another car fit (primera etc)

If 10-20 people were willing to pay upfront I could easily organise a set for the K10. I'd get some too for the ST :)

Quick addition :

Oh look group buy - everyone goes running (away)!!!!!

i may be interested!! all depends on price!! do you have a rough figure in your head on how much it would cost each of us??

ok then. thankyou!

and im sure others will be interested once they know a price! well, if they like the price:laugh:

custom sets are not cheap, but i do think it would be a VERY good idea. The state of all the pipes in most K10's is joke. Silicone hoses would be very good yes!!

Right I am going to need some enthuasiam (and money)if this is going to happen!!

But firstly I need a set of pipes to use as a template:

SO

Who has a set of rad hoses and a set of heater matrix hoses they can send me so I can get a price made up?

i want some of these esp as the cars going to be running some power i want everything to be proper puka! so ed ill have some price isnt an issue as longs as its not in the crazy hundreds

no honestly I wont make anything from this, so it may be surprinly cheap, BUT i do need AT LEAST 10 people.

1, Ed
2, Speedle
3-10?

I am aiming for 60ish. Tooling will be expensive on 10 sets of hoses, that is in the region of £400 / 10 sets + the cost of hoses.

What I can guarantee is the more people on the list the cheaper it will be,

If you cannot commit to the region of £60ish - may be more, hopefully less, (and I will ask for payment upfront to stop people backing out and ruining it for everyone) don't put your name on the list.

1, Ed
2, Speedle
3, SammoHung (2nd set)
4, SammoHung (1st set)
5, Wrenchable
6, ?
7, ?
8, ?
9, ?
10, ?

£60 is good, no doubt the standard 18year old ones could do with changing anyway!

Colour?

I prefer black.....

(have I just opened a can of worms?)

wont stop me from going ahead though if they are white, green, brown or whatever

but it would be a shame (since these are real specials) if they turned out to be the "Oh so popular" Blue or Red :-(

Can I give you payment by paypal (when the time commes?)

Yes you kind of have, they will probably be blue, expecially if there are not enough numbers to make it worthwhile.

I STILL HOWEVER NEED somone to send me a full set of hoses, so I can use them as a template :)

Anyone? dont have to be new, just have to be complete.

Oh, I was goanna dig for some & forgot

(well reminded)

watch this space

<EDIT:>

No (bummer) I only have the top hose, (i recall throwing the botom hose away as it was split at the clip)

I can send you the top hose

Can anyone else help to complete the set for the tool template

Ed, both the hoses are the same diameter arent they?....so they can be ran off the same tool then cut into the two parts...is the tooling charged for one toolset or two?

Attachments

• Drawing1.jpg
    Drawing1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 233
1, Ed
2, Speedle
3, SammoHung (2nd set)
4, SammoHung (1st set)
5, Alien10
6, Curtis
7, ?
8, ?
9, ?
10, ?

only 4 to this go

the list is getting better

comeon chaps!!!

20 people should drop it to around £40 a set and
40 people should drop it to aound £30 a set

in theory these could half if we are currently being charged for 2 toosets if a one toolset would do the trick

worth remembering too that MA12 and MA10 rad hoses are not the same ;) i remember when i fitted a 1.2 rad to my ma10 i had to use the ma12 rad hoses

1.2 hoses are probablt longer so they could be shortened slightly if needs be.

1, Ed
2, Speedle
3, SammoHung (2nd set)
4, SammoHung (1st set)
5, Alien10
6, Curtis
7, RTLKyuubi
8, ?
9, ?
10, ?

Ill keep a spare £60 when i get paid at the end of the month.

Ill have a look tomorrow but I have a few spare pipes I think.

ill be going to the scrappies on Saturday morning so if no one has some by then ill get some to send to you Ed

Is this still on? If it is I cant afford it atm (been layed off at work grr :down: )

But i think i can supply the odd hose still.

Yes just need enough of you all to be interested :)

Will these fit/nearly fit the st ED??? Put me down for two sets

1, Ed
2, Speedle
3, SammoHung (2nd set)
4, SammoHung (1st set)
5, Alien10
6, Curtis
7, RTLKyuubi
8, Wrenchable
9, Wrenchable
10, ?

Curious to what happened to my name firat time round. lol

This is looking better isnt it!

I just need hoses now.......

Has anyone got any hoses around...........at all?? I have only just bought a k10 so don't have any spare hoses but no doubt i can pick some up at the scrap yard if we have any gaps to fill.

ive got a set of hoses but wont give them away for free as they are my just incase spares :laugh:

You may get them back. Dont know if you dont ask. Or I'll be more than happy to send you my old hoses, any that what want once my silicones arrive. Same goes for everyone else providing postage doesn't rack too high.

since my car isnt going anywhere for a while i could give you mine, but i cant actually afford the hoses atm, unexpected bills >..<

Ryan.

Hoses are priced by bends and length, so having two made as one only to be cut would cost the same.

I meant the 'Tooling' costs not the 'per unit' costs

ie the cost to make one tool/jig as apposed to making two sets of tools/jigs (double / half the tooling costs)?

this then amortised across the 10 off ??

Because people never buy stuff for K10's. Speaking broardly no one wants to spend any money on them, and I dont want sets sitting about.

Because people never buy stuff for K10's. Speaking broardly no one wants to spend any money on them, and I dont want sets sitting about.

sad but true, most people on here rave about what they are going to do but when someone gives them a doorway to achieve the k10 owners then go silent.... shame!

still i definatly want some and thats not going to change ;)

Ill see if I can find some hoses myself. All this help is overwhelming! (thanks to those who are actually trying to help)

It looks as though we may manage this if people do pay up when requested:

1, Ed
2, Speedle
3, SammoHung (2nd set)
4, SammoHung (1st set)
5, Alien10
6, Curtis
7, RTLKyuubi
8, Wrenchable
9, Wrenchable

Due to loosing my job aswell, its proably best to scrub my name off the list, when it comes to paying for them and I have some spare cash (Ill have to go hungry for a week or 2 :p) ill buy a set but I doubt it.

1, Ed
2, Speedle
3, SammoHung (2nd set)
4, SammoHung (1st set)
5, Alien10
6, Curtis
7, RTLkyuubi - mayybe...
8, Wrenchable
9, Wrenchable

Ill see if I can find some hoses myself. All this help is overwhelming! (thanks to those who are actually trying to help)

It looks as though we may manage this if people do pay up when requested:

1, Ed
2, Speedle
3, SammoHung (2nd set)
4, SammoHung (1st set)
5, Alien10
6, Curtis
7, RTLKyuubi
8, Wrenchable
9, Wrenchable

I have a top hose here ( as mentioned before) do you want me to send it you you or are you waiting for a pair from the same dude?

can you PM me (with postal details) if me sending my spare bottom hose to you would be usefull

Rich

:)

hi are the hoses still on if so i could take all my hoses off and send them to u as not using the little k10 for another 3 months as interested in a silicone set let me no and i will do my best to help

cheers robbluek10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back