group buy: sr20 throttle body adaptor plates

GROUP BUY CLOSED! will the people below please forward payment. thank you.

hey guys... well after a few enquiries as to if i'd be able to get some adaptors made up to fit the sr20 throttle body to the stock cg13 plenum.. the answer is yes.. i can get them done. The machinist i use has agreed to make up a batch if we can get the numbers... basically its a sandwich plate which allows the use of the sr20 throttle body to be directly bolted to your stock cg13 plenum. only other thing you'll need to do is make up a bracket to hold the throttle cable (easy)... yes you can use your stock throttle cable too! you will need a airflow meter and a safc/emanage to run this setup. or if your already using an aftermarket ecu this will just bolt straight on.

ok.. if we can get 10 ppl he can do them for $120 + delivery which will probably be around $5 to most of aus.
if we only get 5 people the price will be $140 + del
these will be cnc machined from solid blocks of alluminium. i've included a picture of a nismo adaptor.. the one i will be getting made will do exactly the same thing, bolts will be provided with the plate... so lets see a show of hands.

group buy list:
1. mickeybbb***paid
2. sportsclassic ***paid
3. tony***paid
4.d1cefiro ***paid
5.sikk11*** deposit paid
6.jaxx *** paid
7.smidge***paid

btw. overseas buyers/international postage not a problem

the idle control solenoid only works on cold start as far as i'm aware. aftermarket computers don't use that sensor anyway... was running this setup on gtrholic's car for ages with stock computer and emanage + sr20 afm, if tuned correctly. idle isn't a problem at all. kinda makes me wonder if the idle solenoid thing your talking about does anything worth mentioning at all. at worst, you'll have to help it idle for a few seconds on cold mornings.

ok, so after we're all satisfied with the number of people we have, i'll get the ball rolling, i think the best way would be to get a deposit from each person and then the rest once the adaptors are ready to be sent out.. everyone ok with that? good :) btw, obviously if you are in brisbane you can pick up :) turnaround time is about 2-3weeks depending on how busy he is when i order them.

nz_aj WROTE:

"Idle control valve could be plumbed in around the throttle.<BR>What is the standard SR20 throttle diameter, compared with GA15DE &amp; standard CG13DE?<BR><BR>

you don't need the idle control valve.. if you want to stuff around trying to add it in there somewhere.. by all means.. go ahead. but like i said, i had this setup running on gtrholics car with no idle control valve and it idles fine.. it did need a slight helping hand to warm up in the mornings sometimes... but that would have been mainly due to the bigger cams... i'll measure up the difference between the cg13/sr20/ca18 throttle bodys. i don't have a ga15 handy atm.. could anyone throw up the sizing of the ga one?

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

basically its a sandwich plate which allows the use of the sr20 throttle body to be directly bolted to your stock cg13 plenum. only other thing you'll need to do is make up a bracket to hold the throttle cable (easy)... yes you can use your stock throttle cable too! you will need a airflow meter and a safc/emanage to run this setup. or if your already using an aftermarket ecu this will just bolt straight on.

Sounds great. Can you (or anyone) give an idea to how much it would cost to get hold of an sr20 TB and emanage? Maybe an option for Charlotte but not if it will cost me a fortune all up. :)

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Littlebear: Depends if you want to go emanage blue (piggyback) or ultimate (standalone ECU I think..). Blue is likely to cost around $300-400 and ultimate will cost roughly double that I think. Have a look on eBay, there's usually one or two going for sale.

SR20 T/B you could probably pick up from eBay or forums like NS or ones for whichever car had an SR20 in it (not hard to find, really ;)). Failing that, i'm sure there's probably plenty at your local wreckers.

---dens

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
sorry to be a pain, is when the t/b is mounted it will be lower than a ga15 cg13 t/b and does it line up with standard (with my setup with modded liberty intercooler the t/b must line up with this) so all I need is a longer silicone tube?

(I still reckon I need idle control, for those with A/C, but its only my opinion and wish, so I'd mount the idle control elsewhere and tap a barbed tube from the plate as nz_aj suggests)

I know you think I'm mad but I feel I still need it......

littlebear WROTE:

"turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:<BR><BR>basically its a sandwich plate which allows the use of the sr20 throttle body to be directly bolted to your stock cg13 plenum. only other thing you'll need to do is make up a bracket to hold the throttle cable (easy)... yes you can use your stock throttle cable too! you will need a airflow meter and a safc/emanage to run this setup. or if your already using an aftermarket ecu this will just bolt straight on."</DIV><BR><BR>Sounds great. Can you (or anyone) give an idea to how much it would cost to get hold of an sr20 TB and emanage? Maybe an option for Charlotte but not if it will cost me a fortune all up. :)

hey. i'd just use an safc if you want budget.. they can normally be had for around $150 on various forums.. sr20 tb's can be had for around $30-$70 depending on where and what model

deNs WROTE:

"Littlebear: Depends if you want to go emanage blue (piggyback) or ultimate (standalone ECU I think..). Blue is likely to cost around $300-400 and ultimate will cost roughly double that I think. Have a look on eBay, there's usually one or two going for sale.<BR><BR>SR20 T/B you could probably pick up from eBay or forums like NS or ones for whichever car had an SR20 in it (not hard to find, really ;)). Failing that, i'm sure there's probably plenty at your local wreckers.<BR><BR>---dens<BR><BR>

they are both piggyback computers.. the ultimate CAN get rid of the afm, but you still need the factory ecu to run ignition and fuel.. all both of them do is intercept the signal

fred WROTE:

"sorry to be a pain, is when the t/b is mounted it will be lower than a ga15 cg13 t/b and does it line up with standard (with my setup with modded liberty intercooler the t/b must line up with this) so all I need is a longer silicone tube? <BR><BR>(I still reckon I need idle control, for those with A/C, but its only my opinion and wish, so I'd mount the idle control elsewhere and tap a barbed tube from the plate as nz_aj suggests) <BR><BR><BR><BR>I know you think I'm mad but I feel I still need it......

i'll put up some measurents tonite.. and try and take some pics

ok.. butterfly sizes:

stock cg13: 45mm
sr20: 60mm (some na s13's are 63mm)

ok.. overall height of the adaptor +sr20 tb is 95mm high
stock overall height is 130mm high

measuring from the flat part of the intake plenum (running a ruler up it and measuring to the centre of each throttle body.. measurements are:

stock 60mm to centre of t/b
sr20 with adaptor 70mm to centre of t/b

fred. i would say that it would probably fit with a longer bit of hose, as there's only 10mm difference and you'd probably get that with silicon hose..

SSUK WROTE:

"Do you have any power figures before and after this mod, so we can see what the real gains are?

nope. but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that more air + more fuel = more power. i'd say, if anyone can find what the difference is between a stock cg throttle and ga one.. it'd be like putting on 2 ga15 throttle body's... power wise :D. btw, i'm not getting one of these... i'm just organising this buy because people have been asking me about them..

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
The thing I like most about fitting the SR throttle is ditching the factory CG AFM, which has to be about the most unreliable part of the whole car? Fitting a large remote mounted ~80mm bore plastic AFM from a GA16DE N15 or similar would be the way to go.

Yes you could make it run without the idle control valve, but in terms of a nice easy to drive daily runner (girlfriend can still drive me home when I'm pissed), easy starting in cold climates, and aircon idle up, fitting an idle control valve is not much work.

A reminder that using all this extra air at higher rpms in going to max out the injectors & you will run lean. Bigger injectors required. (What does the CGA3DE & alpha spec cube use?)

GA15 throttle body is 50mm, good photos in this thread https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/31629
I would assume this is the same as the UK spec GA16?
Is bigger than this of any use, given the volume of the plenum & diameter of the inlet runners?

Some of this information needs to go in the articles section.

nz_aj WROTE:

"The thing I like most about fitting the SR throttle is ditching the factory CG AFM, which has to be about the most unreliable part of the whole car? Fitting a large remote mounted ~80mm bore plastic AFM from a GA16DE N15 or similar would be the way to go.<BR><BR>Yes you could make it run without the idle control valve, but in terms of a nice easy to drive daily runner (girlfriend can still drive me home when I'm pissed), easy starting in cold climates, and aircon idle up, fitting an idle control valve is not much work.<BR><BR>A reminder that using all this extra air at higher rpms in going to max out the injectors &amp; you will run lean. Bigger injectors required. (What does the CGA3DE &amp; alpha spec cube use?)<BR><BR>GA15 throttle body is 50mm, good photos in this thread <A title=https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/31629 href="https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/31629" target=_blank>https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/31629</A><BR>I would assume this is the same as the UK spec GA16?<BR>Is bigger than this of any use, given the volume of the plenum &amp; diameter of the inlet runners?<BR><BR><BR>Some of this information needs to go in the articles section.

my g/f use to drive the micra without the idle valve all the time.. it really isn't a big problem.. grrr, yup, more air then the ga15/ga16 does make a difference, we upgraded from a ga15 originally to the sr one, and it certainly gave you a bigger push back in the seat! :D can't remember whether we were running bigger injectors at the time.. i don't think we were, injectors were definately at there max at full load/rpm. i agree getting rid of the factory afm is great too! alot of the japs are running sr afm's... but i'd run one of one of the skyline afm's, one from an rb26 would probably be ideal as i think there 70mm, i'll be runnig a z32 afm.. but mainly for wank factor :D.. the z32 is almost bigger then the engine in size.. i dont think i'll ever outflow it, even if i'm running 4 cg's through it simultaneously. about the only other pathetically unreliable part is the dizzy... and i'm trying to design something to sort that out too. :)

anyone else in?

Mickeybbb WROTE:

"Geez if you are going that large, why not step it up.. VH45DE afm =)

cause their tuning resolution is ****!, yeh there bigger, but the sensor inside them isn't as good as the z32.. for the ultimate afm, you'd get a Q45 afm and stick z32 guts in it.. that's all the nismo/mines rb26 afm's are.. just stock nissan housings with z32 internals.. and they sell em for a fortune.

Back