Just gave away my Cabriolet lol

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hey all,

feeling very weird,

i met some people on a website, (www.deviantart.com) i have met so many people from there and they all seem really nice. i even met my GF there lol,

now i met someone on there and i went over to meet them as i was in the area and they were great, they gave me muffins and free skyline parts! so can't complain lol

anyway they were off on holiday and had booked everything and their car broke just before, (stupid merc with fly by wire) and they needed a car and instead of renting one they asked if they could borrow mine for some cash.

so they have just driven off with my Cabriolet... and now that i think about it i don't really know a massive amount about them...

so, what do i do if they don't bring my car back? i told them there are only about 10 in the UK, and they are rare, and i have the paperwork still...

oh well i needed the money and i got it, i suppose i just phone the police if it doesn't come back, shouldn't be hard to spot a March Cabriolet....

argh oh dear hope you get it back fine mate bit of a sureal feeling aint it when you see some one drive off in ya car like

where they off to ? take it you didnt get a copy of the drivers license / insurance details...

could always put out a msc apb...see if we can spot it ;)

best hope they dont go speeding about the place / pull a bank job... :D

Interesting.

Must say it's not something I'd do for someone I'd just met.

Oh well. Hope it comes back to you alright in one piece.

You have their phone number and address right?

they are off to dorset, so if anyone is down there have a look out for a dark red Cabriolet.. or actually if anyone sees it anywhere i suppose thats more important.

i talked to them alot, so i kinda know them, but i don't see why they would take the car, as its no good without the paper work, and its very obvious...

i don't have their license details so we will have to see.

i do have their number etc tho...

it was weird seeing it drive away tho....

Do you know what part of dorest?

If it's west Dorest (lyme regis mainly) then I can keep half an eye open for you.

How long they gone for?

Do you know what part of dorest?

If it's west Dorest (lyme regis mainly) then I can keep half an eye open for you.

How long they gone for?

it might be, they are back on the 15th hopefully. problem is i am out of the county from the 14th, they were just goint to post the keys...

You are too trusting; you're risking something important just to be nice.

i think thats my problem, i could have given them a different car too, but they really wanted the convertible...

meh, if it doesn't come back i will learn never to be nice or trust anyone again :D lol

you are mental..end of..thats like lending someone ya mobile and watch them walk around the corner

lol yea,

well i was thinking they cant sell the car without the documents, they cant keep the car because i will report it, its no good as spares unless they have one of these cars... i cant see what they could get out of it really... and anyway if they did steal it i would hunt them down!!! i am good at that kind of thing lol

your a good person mate.

i mean i picked these people up from the train station and helped them load their bags and stuff, they know how much my car means to me so if they do take it they really must have hearts of stone!

you also helped them rob that house aswell...you know, the one you got the muffins and skylines parts from :laugh:

nah, im sure it'll be fine :)

you also helped them rob that house aswell...you know, the one you got the muffins and skylines parts from :laugh:

nah, im sure it'll be fine :)

i thought there was something odd about them inviting me round in the dead of night, and telling me that the door bell doesn't work so i should just come in through the window.... hmmm lol

well everyone watch the news for a bank job done in a march cab :D

i think thats my problem, i could have given them a different car too, but they really wanted the convertible...

lol even if they wanted the cab...i would have said ''no your having this one...get what your given there my cars'' :D

i wouldnt lend anyone my car, unless they where familiy/ a best mate.

lol even if they wanted the cab...i would have said ''no your having this one...get what your given there my cars'' :D

i wouldnt lend anyone my car, unless they where familiy/ a best mate.

lol i should have said that but i don't have the balls lol

well if they run off with it then the insurance pays out at market value of three times what i paid for it and then the police recover it and return it back to me :D everyone wins :D

Dear god!! What?! You won't even let me drive it! :p
I'll keep an eye out for it, and I'm sure Joe will check back for its return!
You are very brave - I was tense letting Mary drive mine lol
I'm sure they'll bring it back :)

Dear god!! What?! You won't even let me drive it! :p
I'll keep an eye out for it, and I'm sure Joe will check back for its return!
You are very brave - I was tense letting Mary drive mine lol
I'm sure they'll bring it back :)

lol i never said you couldn't drive it, you just never asked lol, if i ever get it back you can go for a drive in it :)

we will have to see what happens, but i think it will be ok...

Lol Mr Pessimist!
I'll get to drive it, don't worry! After all, you've driven mine! :p

I sure it'll be fine dude, don't worry too much!

Dude, your car is probably in about 70 pieces and being shipped off to italy by now, but hey, worrying about it won't change that so well done for at least trying to do a nice thing, even if it does come back to bite you in the ass

lol well if anyone sees it in the scrappy i need a passenger rear quarter motor, and some mats.... no wait lol

nex you are one mad person hope it comes back good as new i`m in great yarmouth in a couple of weeks so i will keep my eyes peeled just in case it does go wandering

nex you are one mad person hope it comes back good as new i`m in great yarmouth in a couple of weeks so i will keep my eyes peeled just in case it does go wandering

awesome, please do :D

yea they are all insured and stuff, the car is all legal too,

they did mention they would get it hand washed for me :D so it could come back better than ever :D

and it can't possibly come back with less fuel lol

Was in lyme regis tonight. Didn't see it on any of the main roads or in any carparks we stopped in, but then again, dorset is a very big place, and in that, lyme regis is a giant maze of streets, back alleys, B&B's and hotels.

Was in lyme regis tonight. Didn't see it on any of the main roads or in any carparks we stopped in, but then again, dorset is a very big place, and in that, lyme regis is a giant maze of streets, back alleys, B&B's and hotels.

or maybe it never went there!! omfg its been stolen lol!!!

its bugging me cos there is nothing i can do until after the day they are supposed to bring it back, but i cant stop thinking about it cos it's my pride and joy! oh well too nice for my own good lol

was the couple wearing hoodies, cause if they were you'll never see your cab again lol

in all seriousness like you said there are only a bout ten in the country so if it is stolen it wouldn't take too long to turn up.

if they dont come back with it theres not a great deal you can do, you can report it stolen to the police but you wont get any insurance money back for it as you gave them the keys, and the police wont do much they will just contact you if it turns up, which it wont cos itl be stripped for parts or in a container on its way back to konichawa land!!!!!!!!!!

unlucky ol scone, you've been had by the muffin fraudsters,lol

glad to hear it sows the were nice enough after all
all you people slagging them saying it was never going to return :p

You're very trusting Nex. Happy you got it back OK and it's great to see there's some humanity left. Not so sure I'd dare let anyone drive off with my Micra, especially the missus o_O

BG

Back