goodbye lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
However the decisions will be made with only the views of the official members of the club. They are after all the ones who choose to support it.

i think its expensive for people who don't live in the UK...

the k11 specific forums hardly move and when they do its rarely constructive

that said, Nex's howto on Bay Boy bonnets was worth the $25 aus dollars, even though i could have just kept the article from the trial membership i chose to stay on

i think for overseas it should be a one off fee and #### off all the things like image hosting and attatchments etc that make your hosting fee's massive. Its so easy to host stuff elsewhere all you would really be sending down the pipes is a few avatars and text...

that said, Nex's howto on Bay Boy bonnets was worth the $25 aus dollars, even though i could have just kept the article from the trial membership i chose to stay on

i think for overseas it should be a one off fee and #### off all the things like image hosting and attatchments etc that make your hosting fee's massive. Its so easy to host stuff elsewhere all you would really be sending down the pipes is a few avatars and text...

oooh :D thanks soo much! :D

My membership runs out soon and I'll probably be renewing it despite not having anything to do with the club for a few years now.

In the beginning it was a bit cloak and dagger but the MSC is more transparent than a lot of car clubs. Other cars are more popular and it's easier to find people willing to part with their hard earned, micras are more special and those of us who appreciate them for what they are should be prepared to put in...

Personally I think Nissan lost the plot in the late nineties and any micras produced after 96 should be scrapped, but I'm still willing to fund your burgers at JAE (flashbacks of Jaaayy Ayeee Eyeee Eeefff Eeeemmmm (JAE FM))

Pete

it would seem that my membership is now up

not that i want to go gettin myself banned or anything cause thats just pointless.
just got a few points to make and before i say anything, arnold lol dont go editing this! i know your bad for that...

I think its totaly apauling that kev and ed take money of their dedicated members each year to stay a full member of the club. i understand that theres the costs to run the web site but i mean cumon... with the amount of new members each year, im more than willing to bet that it more than covers all your fees?

you guys make out like all the money goes back into the club but it really doesnt. you guys charge for absoloutely everything. now i understand again that you cant work for free maintaining the website but again, with the ammount of new members each year, thatl more than cover the cost.

if thats not the case then post up a receipt for the website fees to prove to your dedicated members that your not just taking them for a ride.

it is worth it joining the club but not to be charged every year you want to remain a member.

i know theres some guys out there whol think the same but just dont want to open there mouth because evertime a member does stand up and speak out, kev, ed, james and arnold penolise them and make a fool of them and somehow manage to turn everything around.

i hate to see some innocent comment from a new comer to the site asking for a small piece of advice because their micra has broken down or somethin to that effect.
yet the only reply they get is "join the club" and a link to the payment part of the msc.

im not looking to get banned, i just really dont like how the club is run

im not against paying atall, but taking money of your members every year is just scandalous

sorry to nag

I completly agree 100%

I've had a couple of threads edited and deleted by the Nazi regime (spelling?) running this site just because im not a paid member.

Ffs, we all own Micra's, we should be helping each other out, no charging people for the rights to our help. If anyone needed my help i'd give it to them for free, I dont charge for my knowledge. I've changed an engine on a Micra, gearbox, fitted Pulsar brakes, so if anyone needs help with any of that then feel free to ask (no pun intended ;) )

Every single forum i've been on other than this one (non of which charge you for the ability to anything) Have been a lot more helpful, and a much better comminuty feel too them. Due to this and the attitude from some people on here, it made me not want to make the effort to want to be a paid member, or come along to any Micra stands at the likes of JAE etc.

Which is a shame :(

Interesting feedback and in response to your points raised.

1. Asking £10 a year is hardly much to ask to support the MSC, many of the discounts can still be used for some overseas members, I know not everyone can use these. With this package you get full access to the forum for less then 3p a day.

2. The K11 forums is what, you the members make of it, the admin of the club can only provide the basis on which to do so.

3. Image hosting is actually a valuable tool, especially as it gives the user ease of use uploading from there hardrive and not having to externally link files.

I completly agree 100%

I've had a couple of threads edited and deleted by the Nazi regime (spelling?) running this site just because im not a paid member.

Ffs, we all own Micra's, we should be helping each other out, no charging people for the rights to our help. If anyone needed my help i'd give it to them for free, I dont charge for my knowledge. I've changed an engine on a Micra, gearbox, fitted Pulsar brakes, so if anyone needs help with any of that then feel free to ask (no pun intended ;) )

Every single forum i've been on other than this one (non of which charge you for the ability to anything) Have been a lot more helpful, and a much better comminuty feel too them. Due to this and the attitude from some people on here, it made me not want to make the effort to want to be a paid member, or come along to any Micra stands at the likes of JAE etc.

Which is a shame :(

Your threads / posts would have only been edited if deemed necessary by one of our forum moderators, makes no difference you being an official member or not.

You mention every other forum you have been on doesn't charge, was every one of those forums an established car club complete with membership scheme? and yes before anyone bangs on that other car clubs do this and that and don't charge for this and that etc...

All Car Clubs are different, but all have the same basic principle in charging for addtional features and benefits, this is fact. All Car Clubs need to bring in revenue to keep themselves alive and running.

You mention attitude of some members here, yes there maybe a few that don't have a good attitude or not so friendly to members, you have that on any forum, it's what you could call a type of demographic mix. However why do we see comment after comment about how friendly it is here?, the MSC is one of most friendly and welcoming sites/forums/clubs you will find.

If you don't want to embrase that, then your the ones missing out. Our club events throughout the year such as JAE show what the club is truely like and you couldn't ask for a better bunch of people, 2007 was no different, if not one of the best years I have been involved with!

Kev

£10 imo is nothing. I don't see a problem with paying it each year either.

I'm a tenpin bowler, and just to have the ability to bowl in leagues and tournaments you must be a member of the BTBA (British Tenpin Bowling Assosciation). Now, this is £35 per year, EVERY YEAR, and then you still have to pay entry fees for tournaments, and weekly fees for leagues.

£10 per year on the MSC is a lot of info for little cash. As other people have said, if this place is really that bad, why do you come back to it, instead of finding the "better" clubs?

£10 imo is nothing. I don't see a problem with paying it each year either.

I'm a tenpin bowler, and just to have the ability to bowl in leagues and tournaments you must be a member of the BTBA (British Tenpin Bowling Assosciation). Now, this is £35 per year, EVERY YEAR, and then you still have to pay entry fees for tournaments, and weekly fees for leagues.

£10 per year on the MSC is a lot of info for little cash. As other people have said, if this place is really that bad, why do you come back to it, instead of finding the "better" clubs?

exactly no one forces anyone to do anything here. If you don't like it, then don't use it and start your own forum........it's quite simple really.

People have tried and failed and the MSC has stood strong and continues to grow, so we can't be doing so much wrong, can we?

Anyone that knows me well, knows I still have the drive and determination to continue to push this club forward, even 10 years down the line, the MSC is growing and improving year on year and there is still so much more to come.

If it wasn't for my demanding job, even more would be in place then it is already, however if it's takes a little longer, so be it.

I have plans for new additions to the discounts which will only benefit the members more, can I also remind everyone the last company to be added to the MSC offers discount to everyone, not just official members!

Kev you know pretty much 95% of the members, if not more, on here are happy. I wouldn't worry about the others. You have plenty of people to back you up at the end of the day, so i wouldn't waste your time trying to explain things to people who have been here for five min's then moan!

no i think its constructive to explain it, you can add that to your accounts bill that one members au$25 pays for the 6 pack of beer you drank while writing back to these kinds of posts

then these kind of posts wouldn't exist if you scrapped the payments

then you wouldn't have beer...

oh its a paradox...

then these kind of posts wouldn't exist if you scrapped the payments

then you wouldn't have beer...

oh its a paradox...

exactly, no form of payment structure = NO MSC and NO that doesn't just mean the forum which a LOT of people seem to think is all there is to the MSC.

The discounts alone that the MSC offers to our members is worth paying the £10.00 to join at bronze level. I've had said this time and time again in these sorts of threads, maybe it's a mental blockage in some people's brains that stops it's registering?!?! Or maybe they want a 24 carrot gold pen in there membership packs!?!?!

Ems said:
Kev you know pretty much 95% of the members, if not more, on here are happy. I wouldn't worry about the others. You have plenty of people to back you up at the end of the day, so i wouldn't waste your time trying to explain things to people who have been here for five min's then moan!

Thanks Ems, maybe I should ignore and not worry about the others, but at the same time, I'm Chairman of this club and I feel I must try and at least show people we are only trying to do our best for the club and continue to grow the MSC. Whether people want to be part of that is upto them.

then again I ask myself why I'm I sitting here banging my head against a brick wall with people that just will not open there eyes to what we are trying to achieve. The bigger then MSC gets, the more weight I have achieving discounts, the more goes in the members packs, the better the events gets, etc etc it's win win for everyone!

Kev

hugs for kev!

The majority of people are happy with the club, it's just a few disgruntled members who aren't. As a member who is happy with the level of involvement and outcomes of this club I'm getting bored and slightly ashamed that Kev/Ed/James are receiving a public flogging.

Ed set up a complaints procedure a while ago I think and if your not happy contact them directly.

Hugs all round.

hugs for kev!

The majority of people are happy with the club, it's just a few disgruntled members who aren't. As a member who is happy with the level of involvement and outcomes of this club I'm getting bored and slightly ashamed that Kev/Ed/James are receiving a public flogging.

Ed set up a complaints procedure a while ago I think and if your not happy contact them directly.

Hugs all round.

here here :D very well said :D

As a member who is happy with the level of involvement and outcomes of this club I'm getting bored and slightly ashamed that Kev/Ed/James are receiving a public flogging.

Hugs all round.

Thanks Pete, your not only getting bored with it!

Kev

been bored with it since the 1st post ............. nobody is forced into joining and made to pay the fee .... we all got minds of our own

All I've got is praise for Kev and the rest of the admin team, they have all helped me in one way or another, the subscription is only a measly £10 a year for gods sake, it's up to the individual to take advantage of their subs in the form of the various discounts available to members or through the guides or advice and help from other members, it's simple, if you dont want to pay then don't, you can stay on as an unofficial member, but dont cry when you need or want access to parts of the forum that you will have insufficient privilages to do so, £10, how easy is it to just squander that amount on trivial crap every year or every week even and not have anything to show for it ?

i can't believe this thread even exists:eek:

now this site is about helping people with there micra's whether you are having a problem, modifying or just learning about how your micra works. £10 is nothing for the kind of help you get.

lets start with a problem, if your car develops a faults you would either take it to a garage (alot of ££) or you buy a haynes manual (which is more than £10). however for £10 you get the help of people who are basically nissan micra mechanics :laugh: because thats the car they have owned all there life and they are basically a haynes manual for the micra.

for modifying, with the discounts set up in place by the admin team you can actually save more than the £10 fee they ask to help keep the club running for example: buying a cat back exhaust from micrasport.com is £209.99 however if you are a member you get a discount of 10% which saves you £20, so basically if you become a member it costs you NOTHING in the long run once you have used the resources of the club.

for your tinkering needs, some people won't know anything about cars, i was one of these people untill i looked on the site asked some questions and now know a fair bit about my micra, which has saved me a fair bit of money because i didn't have to take it to a garage.

my membership is up soon but i am renewing and upgrading it because i want to be part of the club and now offer new members the things i have learn't.

Jordan.

some people just love to moan ay grr

I dont love to moan...

I just have a problem with being asked to pay £10 per year to stay a full member.
ive helped numerous people out on lots of different occasions in the club but as soon as your membership runs out your as good as kicked out teh door if your not paid up...

Time to close this I think! Crops up every year or so. Its not going to change, if you dont like it go elsewhere/do your own etc...

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back