Lol some people just make me laugh.

Hyundai

Buy & Sell Member
I've sold an iPhone through eBay, which went for £200. I left my mobile number on the listing so people could phone if they have any problems. When a person called "Clint0795" had won the bid, someone took advantage of my number that I had displayed and pretended to be Clint. He asked for the iPhone to be sent to a different address.

Sneaky punks have to wake up early to catch me out. *Sigh*

It's the idiocy that really astounds me. Conflict is bound to happen when someone notices that something is wrong, and we're left with his address.. this dude must be like.. 15 or something.

I don't know anything about phones, all I know is the ipod does pretty much everything I want. Just annoyed work won't give me the proxy settings for me to check my work e-mails. Can get them through owa but i'd rather access them like I do hotmail and aol...

Pete, that would be because the Iphone is not secure or encrypted. Plus the info you may have in your mails
may be covered by the official secrets act + others

Oh no we have work blackberries for that (which at my rank I'm not entitled to! can you believe it's Inspector or above only!), No I meant my day job.

Ah ok, well perhaps it's just that they are concerned about the risk to themselves, you know viruses and the like, plus the chance that if it's stolen there could be something that is sensitive to the company in one of your mails.

Lol no, it's because I'm too low in the firm to have anything as useful as access to my e-mails. I don't understand the general rule in my industry of giving technology to the people that don't use it, have you any idea of the number of blackberries, htc's and other smartphones laying around that are only ever used as phones at my place?

"we're not going to roll out the blackberries to all profesional staff as we found the trial set weren't being used" yes because you gave them to the people that don't even write their own e-mails! they're not about to start doing it on a blackberry. Sorry that happened in my last firm, annoying huh.

Back