• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Josef's turquoise K11

Hi everybody,
I decide to make this topic, maybe somebody will be interest in...
My name is Josef and I'm from Pilsen, Czech Rep. and bought a Micra GC10DE as my first car at 12/2010 with 178800kms on clocks, reg. 2/98. Previous owners of a car were a women only, so there was almost everything from manufacture, expect engine oil, clutch, brake pads and parts after crashes..
My micra is not so special as most of micras here, but I spent a lot of time on it, and just fell in love with that car.
Car is daily and I'm trying to minimalize the cost, but want to have a good technical condition.
Fuel Economy : [URL=http://www.motostat.eu/vehicle-stats/42871] [/URL]
So what I did on a car and what I want to do ?

What I want to do? Full re-spray(depends on money)
Overhaul of rear axle and do something with front stabiliser(in a plan at spring)
Colouring of a every suspension part(spring)

What I did:
12/2010 - Bought a car- bought only things which were necessary
156093_1484158906370_1305795575_31098612_795850_n.jpg

First step was a removing of stupid purple vynil from rearside window.
micra1.jpg

micra.jpg

And some small modifications, and bought some s*ity lowcost Sencor radio, but it plays and has no problem with SD cards, so no problem for me at all..

1/2011 - Change of right CV joint (Spidan) and replace the gearbox oil(Shell), complete front brakes (actually some lowcost, but good working Roadhouse) but it and change the brake fluid, of course. On the first lights from our garage, clutch cabel broke, so I had to go back - and change the fuel filter (Nipparts) and spark plugs(NGK BPR5E). At free time I made a LED backlight of ashtray.
Snmek014.jpg

Next I replaced a outer handle-were broken.
2/2011 Bought an original wheel hub, looks really good. Changed engine oil (Shell HX6 10W40) and filter(Nissan genuine), I spot a leaking hose from power steering and original costs a lot so I changed it by Semperit oil hose and changed the P/S Fluid.

3/2011 As I mentioned almost every parts were never changed, so I decided it's time to do something with that, replaced all rubers, lower ball joint on front lower arms by Delphi parts, and same manufacturer I used on steering joint.
4/11 There were no time and mood for a car - learning on maturita exams..
5/11 Bought a new set of Sava Perfecta tyres, add some fast stickers on car :D
Replaced a rear brake cylinders and shoes by a Ferodo and coloured a drums to yellow :D
Snmek057.jpg

6/11 front shocks spilled so I replaced it by a GH -(no name brand, but shocks works great ! )
7-9/11 I did a lot on a Micra. I get off a bumpers and there was only a surface rust so I get if off a paint places under bumpers to black.
Changed a headlamps, because on car were a Depos one, with only manual levelling(after some crashes of previous owners) so I bought a Nissans one from scrappy with a electrical levelling.
Next on a tailgate there was a lot of rust under the reflective strip, so I decide it's a time to change it, I make a 150kms trip for one in a white colour, but for perfect price, and I resprayed by some cheap Skoda almost similar colour.
Sticker bombed a fuel tank cover.
Added a Punto MKI door storage to a Micra doors - it has a factory look really!
Added some uni central locking system.
I replaced an exhaust from the 2nd cat to end, beause it broke on at the contact of a last two parts and were broken on a both sides of this contact!
fotka020.jpg

micra2.jpg

10/11 Just put a gasoline in it :) and sometimes Micra didn't start at first attempt.
11/11 After 450kms trip to Nurnberg and surrounding for some shopping with sister, GF and her sister, I parked before GF house, we put out the things from, which she and her sis bought in Germany, and want to go home, but Micra didn't start at all, and clocks did a silly things when I was turning a key in ignition switch, so the problem was find!
Ignition switch after 187tkms and almost 13yrs of using.
spinacka.jpg

I changed the P/S and altenator belts by a Gates.
And replaced a coolant.
12/11 I want to polish a heatguard on a exh. manifold and I spot that is broken! so order another from scrappy.
Next I saw a Focus MKI cup holders, which FF has between seats and take in a head I must have in it a Micra! - lot of work to do, and still is not finally finished...
1/12 Some rust spotted on a side of a car so I take it off, weld a new piece of steel and painted by Bitumen body spray.
07012012077.jpg

micra3.jpg

10012012078.jpg

Thanks Guy!
mckenziecz: Fajn tu vidět čecha. I když moje angličtina není 100% asi bude lepší psát anglicky aby nás tu neobvinili ze spolčení :D

2/12 Bought a set of steelies for a summer tires, actually its sanded and I'm thinking about a future colour..what do you think ?
disky.jpg

I know it will be looking better with low ET or a wider rims, but I don't want to have any problem with police and MOT (thats why I removed a MS Design spoiler have no data sheet from them..)
I'm thinking about just silver or something crazy like purple, but I'm a bit afraid, if it will looks good on a car..
White is for a cars, which hasn't so shining colour.

3/12 Some painting of rear suspension. Rims were painted silver and fitted to car with a summer tires.
Driver seat had to be repaired beacuse their cage was broken, but some welding and it's like a new :D .

Still thinking about full re-spray but with some non.-metallic colour, I have a aircompressor and set for painting and place where I can do that..but with my experience with painting(almost nothing) I think make and original metallic paint won't have good results...If there is somebody who has some idea to nice colour, which is not metallic just write it :)

Thanks, I hope I will never have the idea like this, because I spend hours on it :D
I forget - 3/12 Change oil by 5w-30 Aral SuperTronic ...it's a big difference after 1500kms on this oil...consumption looks better, engine has more power at higher RPM's and better starts with cold oil...only bad is engine is louder than with 10w-40 ...

Back