• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Terry The Turquoise K11 - From down under.

As per the intro, here is the build thread!

IMG_0227_zpsc91ac615.jpg

She is a 1995 (UK Built) Micra SLX, CG13DE with power steering. Has a full service history, fresh clutch, fuel filter plus other general knick knacks. Overall, she was pretty sweet and exactly what I was chasing!

First things first, had to get rid of this.

IMG_0222_zps6e3b19be.jpg

IMG_0223_zpsc6daf3b0.jpg

so i called upon an old friend of mine who does Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) and touch ups for a living, he's a true pro and popped it out like it wasn't even there.

IMG_0224_zpsfe60f1f2.jpg

I managed to pick up a cheap set of Nissan Pulsar SSS (N14 generation, very similar to Sunny gti-r) wheels, i threw them on with a 5mm slip on spacer for a bit of a laugh and to gauge potential sizing for later wheels (offset / width etc) I didn't wash them, they'd been sitting on a farm for a few years (ignore my missing side strips, I have removed them to repaint them black as the aussie sun has taken its toll on them)

IMG_0230_zpse237f07c.jpg

IMG_0226_zps92eb0b09.jpg

Has a few factory genuine things, such as a bonnet protector and these headlight covers, which I think are quite cute.

IMG_0228_zps5c83ff82.jpg

Never seen a bonnet protector for the micra :D that's pretty cool :) never seen those head light protectors either :) love the color and have to admit I rather like the alloys to :oops:
X

Welcome! Are you on Cisco's? A member on there has one very simmilar rolling on 7x13 Dragways

Micra-1-2.jpg

Micra-6-2.jpg

And is the Corolla in the garage yours?

Never seen a bonnet protector for the micra :D that's pretty cool :) never seen those head light protectors either :) love the color and have to admit I rather like the alloys to :oops:
X

Thank you! I'm assuming due to our harsh conditions and the roads we travel, they offer these bonnet protectors and head light covers in order to 'try' and preserve your car as much as possible.

Wheels will be changing soon.. I can get a set of these wheels out to the UK for very cheap!

We used to be dent buddies :(

I've tried pushing my dent out but it pops straight back in.

Cool colour :D

Thanks! and LOL, that's funny, dent buddies. :( Shouldn't have pulled it out! Try using some heat and giving the circumference of the dent a bit of a tap with a rubber mallet before popping it, it works well.

Welcome! Are you on Cisco's? A member on there has one very simmilar rolling on 7x13 Dragways

And is the Corolla in the garage yours?

Sure am, and I saw that car, looks like cool. Good old low-offset gemini spec dragways.

Yeah, she's ours, went through a bare metal respray recently and got covered in 070 Blizzard Pearl (Toyota/Lexus IS250 pearl white)

Stuff that's happened.

- Complete machine buff then handwax
- Car's lowered 1.5 inches
- Front lip has been installed - Side garnishes and rear lip to be added this week
- Underside of bonnet protector painted black

Will take some pics soon :D

Back