is there something missing on these pics ?

microkurt

Ex. Club Member
dont be clever by saying the bumper, headlights etc lol

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

im pretty sure the slam panel is missing and theres things that are loose and have a small amount of rust holding them on

Yeah just the heat sheild thing, and i think its to do with the airbag, if you have one, but like a bar across the front?

nah that bar accross the front was only on a facelift.
You don't look like you are missing anything apart from that black water guard thing.

Mine looks the same:
CrossmemberChange7.jpg

the black guard on the cross member is to do with the radiator, its got somthing to do with the air :S doesnt do anything though....

mine doesnt have one. dont think they came on all models, or they might have been removed at some stage in there life...

if your really that bothered you could fit a bumper support/impact bar from a facelift...there a staright swap. they just bolt off. all you have todo is get the blocks, and support bar.

read the link i just gave you, it has pictures of the brand new crossmember I welded on just after that and detailed pictures of the rust :upside:

read the link i just gave you, it has pictures of the brand new crossmember I welded on just after that and detailed pictures of the rust :upside:

yeah yeah in your blog can remember now. where n how much for the complete crossmember? did you weld it yourself?

i bought a whole new front panel and crossmember for £50 from ebay, but I'm getting a new crossmember for the slx for £30 from ebay. And yer me and my dad fitted and welder it on.

i bought a whole new front panel and crossmember for £50 from ebay, but I'm getting a new crossmember for the slx for £30 from ebay. And yer me and my dad fitted and welder it on.

allright. my micra failed m.o.t. today. failed on rust on crossmember just above yours but on the inside. got it welded :grinning:

Thats why i got a new one, and am going to do the same on the slx, as patching it never lasts very long. My super s will be good for at least 10 years now.

Thats why i got a new one, and am going to do the same on the slx, as patching it never lasts very long. My super s will be good for at least 10 years now.

will it last that long do ya reckon? will you change everything if you had to and i mean everything? :laugh:

It may last a couple of years but the rust may also come through in a different place.
I'd rather replace things with decent parts as they wear out, then i have piece of mind that I have a solid car.

Thats my view, if you take apart the front end yourself and get the old one off and fit the new one in place then most garages wouldn't charge a lot to do a couple of welds of fix it on.

mine is standard 147000 mile, 15 year old front cross member and isnt rusty. and neither are my original sills!

It may last a couple of years but the rust may also come through in a different place.
I'd rather replace things with decent parts as they wear out, then i have piece of mind that I have a solid car.

very true m8. what colour is tiger seal? is it see through?

Back