Hey There

TheSam

Buy & Sell Member
Ive just ventured into the small world of Micra's picked up a Super S for a run around so I can take my other car off the road over winter.

I usually reside over on the Almera Owners Club. oooooooo banter

Heres the car in question

97474465.jpg

97474518.jpg

Few mods done, the wheels obviously, these will be coming off and sold in favour of some 14's, and it has some lowering springs.

Few things its had done;

It has a custom adjustable rear pan hard rod.
New wishbones
New clutch
New gearbox
New front cross member

Im also on the lookout for a stock backbox as the one thats on it has been gutted, I already have one loud car dont really need another.

General idea is to clean it up to how I like it and pootle around in it, will be getting it up on the ramps on friday and giving it a once over, treat any rust I find and underseal it, its in surprisingly good condition for its age from what I can see.

Here some pics of my other car.. Pulsar VZR N1

IMG_6116.jpg

IMG_6113.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

I've never seen a pulser in that shape before, i wondered what it was for a min lol.
Is that an import job or did they sell em over here?

VZ-R N1, which was a racing homologation version intended to compete with the Honda Civic Type-R. Producing 200 PS (147 kW; 197 hp) from its 1.6 L SR16VE engine, it held the highest specific output ever for a naturally aspirated production car, at 123.125 hp/litre until the Honda F20C engine was released in the Honda S2000.

/Copy,Paste

[video=youtube;qnEV8_qangQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnEV8_qangQ[/video]

Its the same shape as an N15 Almera, but mine is an import there was only 200 built and its 1 of 4 in the country :)

Started some work on the micra, removed the carbon canister and all the #### associated with it, all the hoses had split and perished so out that came, put in a temporary expansion bottle till I can get hold of a stock one.

Stripped out the interior and gave it a good vacuuming and cleaned down all the plastics, removed the crappy looking gear gaitor and gear knob in favour of some better ones I had in the garage, just need a gti steering wheel now and some GTi discs then I can fit my GTi calipers.

I have removed and copper greased every nut bolt I could reach in the engine bay, will continue this around the car as I go, up on some ramps tomorrow for a good going over and a service.

The winter mobile

So far have serviced it, oil and filter, spark plugs.

Resealed the chain plate thing, removed the carbon canister, put a new spring on the gear shift, fitted a standard nissan cat and new hanger bracket, fixed a dodgy connection on the injector fuse, vacuumed it ALOT, cleaned all the interior, replaced the standard gear gaiter and gear nob, copper greased loads, and found some rust, its had 3 patches over the years but that it, had a good poke and prod around whilst it was on the ramps the rust in the back is the worst I can find.

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

And We had a Micra adventure

[video=youtube;iMGKwUrj8zE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMGKwUrj8zE[/video]

I filled the tank to 3/4 yesterday and proceeded to do 35 miles and the needle showed 1/4 a tank :s worked out around 11mpg

So stripped down the IACV valve today and cleaned it out, it was stuck when I removed it, I also took the chance to clean the MAF as the wires looked a little grimey, once all back together it fired up and idled quite high until I wound the idle screw down a tad, got it idling nicely at 800 rpm now, adjusted the timing again as it was pretty retarded again, car feels great now, and its using no fuel again.

Also changed the gearbox oil that was quite low and had been leaking from both plugs for a while and put in a few bolts back in the gearbox and the mount that were missing, guessing from when it had the clutch changed.

Gave the bay a good wipe round aswell has come up really well Im happy with it anyway.

Next issue is to sort the downpipe, its being held in by some #### looking thin bolt on one side and some random contraption on the other so that needs remedying as its causing the downpipe to sit pretty wonky.

Pumped up the tyre pressure two were down to like 15psi and the others around 20, stuck some new wiper blades on it too, bent some wire for a new clip to hold the headlight bulb in as it was actually missing.

Resealed my ghetto expansion bottle too.

good day

IMG_0763.jpg

Well I removed the manifold to sort out the bolts for the downpipe and found someone had tried to remove the precat and snapped one of the bolts so it was blowing.... proceeded to snap all the remaining bolts and me and me dad spent the best part of 4 hours drilling the snapped pieces out.... eugh

Once apart the precat had actually melted inside :nono: so only right I should smash it out, I got the manifold drilled properly and some good bolts through for the downpipe now so its not blowing any longer, its now 4 1 inch ports going into a 5-6inch round chamber then into a 0.114532" downpipe, car feels fine though so no issue there. Popped in a new lambda for good measure too.

Also changed the heater card for a GTi one in place of a soldered one which also had a random piece of wire stuck in two ports of the plug :S

Passenger headlight was working on and off, accompanied with a buzzing from under the dash, the previous previous owner had obviously tried to recitfy this and spent £170 on a new stalk, I checked the fuses in the engine bay and found the one for the passenger light to be corroded/melted, so packed the plug with vaseline and put a new fuse in and everything works as it should.

Today we removed the front mud flaps and extracted some Grade A compost from behind the wings, blasted them out with the hose then some #### for good measure, re fitted alot of missing clips to the liners to so they are now held in properly.

Heres some pics and a video of the fruity exhaust.

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

[video=youtube;YxoCEDf8TRI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxoCEDf8TRI[/video]

lots of niggles that Im getting through, replacing missing bits etc refixing loose brackets, relays.

Will be a mint little motor when Im finished with it.

Hi and welcome! Nice example and coming along well too.

We have copped a fair bit of flack from some of the AOC boys over the years, so nice to have a K11 lover on here :)

So my rear mount had split and collapsed, so Ive done this as a temporary measure :)

382762_10151016793320711_756290710_22200584_428781669_n.jpg

Also fitted some GTi brakes

New

IMG_0793.jpg

Old

IMG_0795.jpg

Old Vs New

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

New

378395_10151012870920711_756290710_22185043_601766040_n.jpg

AMAZING