Insurance is a joke.

Just passed my test the other day and ive been looking at quotes...
£2,000+ for my 1990 1.0 micra?

how do they sleep at night!

any insurance companys out there?
cheers,

Hmmm, i didnt know that...
Ive been looking into pass pluss, but i just wanna get on the road now! hate getting the bus to work :(

puttin parents on it doesnt always lower it, my dad has 12 yrs no claims been drivin for like near 20 years, my quote was 2100 WITH him on, and 2050 without him on

i tried putting parents on as named drivers but they siad ur premium is going to be based on the most at risk driver so it wont make tremendous difference anyhow....
what i found is that doing it on the installment plan and biting the bullet is by far the way forward, it pays off in the end...
eg -
my first year 2001 daihatsu cuore 0.9l was €3500, only paid 1800 for the bloody car!
my second year, the 2004 1.0 k12 was €2800
my 3rd year, MG ZR 1.4 was €1000
and it keeps dropping.... u just gotta get it over with my friend :)

and a full license is probably no harm

Insurance say that if you call them. But on comparethemarket they give me a lower quote then the insurance companies have to give me that quote.

Pass plus is a must, as well as the financial benefit it will get you valuable experience on the road. Add a parent, or a female with experience and females tend to get you lower prices.

Welcome to the world of expenses.

Insurance this year is a lot more than last year. My premium will be about 30% higher compared to last year on my standard 1.3 GX. Quite a rise given another years claims free driving. I think this year will see my standard 1.3 GX premium rise above what I am paying on my modified 1.3 SuperS. It was close last year, the SuperS with Sky Insurance was only £60 higher, which goes to show how competitive their rates are for us.

If you want really low insurance you have the wrong car. Micras are stupidly expensive to insure. A Micra will cost me around £1200 to insure, I can insure a Fiat Seicento sporting for £780. So my next car is going to be an unreliable bag of Italian crap just so I can afford to insure it.

If you want really low insurance you have the wrong car. Micras are stupidly expensive to insure. A Micra will cost me around £1200 to insure, I can insure a Fiat Seicento sporting for £780. So my next car is going to be an unreliable bag of Italian crap just so I can afford to insure it.
You must be unlucky, they come out as more for me when compared to an SR!
14.sr-fiat.jpg

That's a bit odd. I'm sure insurance companies assign each letter of your car registration a number, then add those numbers up and multiply by 7 giving you your insurance quote.

I just got quotes for loads of small cars til I found the cheapest one and that's the car I'll buy.

Edit: I see you chose fully comp. I only get TPFT quotes as they are cheaper than TPO and FC. Maybe micras are cheaper to fix so FC quotes are cheaper. The seicento is probably harder to nick so cheaper TPFT.

I really wouldn't buy the seicento, I had a sei, and a cinquecento. They both blew up! Head gasket failure is a common problem! Unless you consistently stay at 2k rpm! And 70mph on the motorway. They may say sporting, but by god are they not! My insurance for the say was £1200

Luke.

Edit: I see you chose fully comp. I only get TPFT quotes as they are cheaper than TPO and FC. Maybe micras are cheaper to fix so FC quotes are cheaper. The seicento is probably harder to nick so cheaper TPFT.
Still seems the same! Have you tried Admiral?

11.sr-fiat-tpft.jpg

No, I'll give admiral a go now. Still £930 for 10 months and that's before I tell them about my medical condition.

I have heard many horror stories about fiats. I crashed a punto once and wasn't happy about the way it bent. Sadly jap cars are expensive to insure. I think it's cos the japs know how to get loads of BHP from a small engine. I wouldn't mind a daihatsu cuore for a little town car. I don't need fast as I have my bike for that, I just want something good on fuel and cheap.

No, I'll give admiral a go now. Still £930 for 10 months and that's before I tell them about my medical condition.

I have heard many horror stories about fiats. I crashed a punto once and wasn't happy about the way it bent. Sadly jap cars are expensive to insure. I think it's cos the japs know how to get loads of BHP from a small engine. I wouldn't mind a daihatsu cuore for a little town car. I don't need fast as I have my bike for that, I just want something good on fuel and cheap.
I drove an Uno for a few weeks, I urge you not to go Fiat if you can avoid it!

That's a bit odd. I'm sure insurance companies assign each letter of your car registration a number, then add those numbers up and multiply by 7 giving you your insurance quote.

I just got quotes for loads of small cars til I found the cheapest one and that's the car I'll buy.

i only have a '4' in my reg :p so im paying £28 this year then lol

I'm also currently looking at ford p100's I need a small RWD pickup for carting my bike around. They are also cheaper than a micra to insure (in the 1.8TD flavour anyway) anyone got experience with these?

It's also a bit funny that 'commercial' vehicles are cheaper to insure.

Also because they're commercial they don't expect you to use them for much personal use, such as rolling it through a hedge at 50 when you're wiv da boyz.

Luke.

Step away from the FIAT lol they don't call them fix it again tomorrow's for nothing!!Just changing the plugs on a Seicento was a pain in the swingers, god knows how hard other jobs are, i didn't want to find out so when things started to go wrong i advised my mate to take it to a garage...over three months he had, new alternator, fuel pump, window seals and window regulator, driveshaft, wheel bearing, wiper motor...and a mangled wallet...then he sold it for £120!!And guess what?It died a week later and hasn't moved since, it was only an S-reg!! :eek:

pass plus i a must mate! Lucky for me as long as I let the university of surry(i think it was surry) look at my driving record and fill in some questionairres for the next 3 years I get it for £20.

Biggest difficultly I found was due to beeing 17 most insurers won't let you pay monthly via direct debit, I saved about £850-900 iicr by getting my mum to open a credit card to pay one of and pay her back with the intrest (about £10 a month extra) when I can.

Accourding to aviva (greenarmy!) the 4 times rules counts...my numbers 970 and they offered 4k hahaha.

If you have used a scooter or 50cc bike direct line will give you a years no claim for it.
Good luck!

Back