my insurance

R

RIK

think this is ok to go in this part of the forum,,

ive just been playing around on norwich union online quotes for my car,,im allready insured with these and pay a STUPID amount of 186 a month

now i put in my details as they are now,,and came up 114 per month,,could i cancel my insurance and then buy again online? i dont know how it works that why im asking

also next year the car will be parked off the road and i will have 2 year NCB and it went down to 99 per month

i know its cheaper to buy online than over the phone,so what can i do to get cheaper insurance? my policy runs out on 28th june 06,

When I was changing to a Micra, I got a quote of the CIS website and it was something like £40 a month it worked out as. When we phoned them to buy the insurance - as we were using the same policy and it hadnt been purchased for a year, it was more like £60 a month. Something to do with they give a discount to new customers that havent had a policy with them before.

It might work by cancelling it and signing up as a new customer.

its so high cos im 19,1 year NCB ,3 points,parked on street,,the car is worth 8.5k,and has to be fully comp,,its a 1.6 sport

the quotes i got was nearly half i pay now,,so i really want to try and get it

scottish-sr said:
When I was changing to a Micra, I got a quote of the CIS website and it was something like £40 a month it worked out as.
My parents have been with them most of their lives but the mofos want £2400/annum :wow: for my £1K (at most) 1.0 Shape in the middle of Bradistan... and I'm 24!!!!!!! The best quote I could get on demented.com was £945/annum from Zurich but they had the balls to stipulate a £700 excess fwn so I'd get nowt if I wrote my car off. For fooks sake, u have one little riot and u can't afford to insure a bloody thing. Interestingly enough, it's all 3rd party risk; the quote for 3rd party only was about £50 less and if I insured a spanking new Fabia vRS (group 9 vs. group 3ish) it's only £1700 o_O

insurance r just complete and utter robbing bastards - did u c when jeromy clarkson tried to get insured on the bugatti tonite. No offence intended but half the time you cant get hold of an English speaking person and have to translate there pigeon English then they take money off you for changing policies etc - grrr

sorry rik thats so useless to you but they really grate me

my insurance has went up with elephant due to someone going into the back of me :(

they are the cheapest around for me too, but im well unhappy with the fact im paying £50 more for something that was totally unavoidable and 100% not my fault :(

I paid 4500 euro for my first years insurance on my k10, 2800 for my second years (which i transfered over to an integra after 2 months).
Im now paying 5k for 3rd party only insurance on a 1.6 integra. Im 18 with a full licence, one claim worth 2154 and been driving for a year and a half...
COUNT YOURSELVES LUCKY!!!

ive also noticed that rik, im with asda, who are norwich union really,

i got a quote online to start when my policy ran out last month, and it was 985, which i was happy about but when i got my actual renewal form, it was 1176, which was a kick in the stones considering i was paying 1213 for my first year

insurance makes me angry

RIK said:
so could i cancel my insurance and buy it again online??

yes you could, nothing is to stop you but id check your papers first because some companys are tight and require you to keep on paying, or pay an extra 2months etc......... i would have a good read threw!

yeah will do,,im not cancleing it yet cos my car isnt repaird from the crash last week yet so untill thats setled down and over with ill get it all done,,by end of january hopefully

Back