insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

camoxodka

car half done :)
hello micra lovers.

basically i have passed my test andhave been looking for insurance for about 2 weeks know. but the annoying thing is that i have a nissan micra k11 sr 1.3 1997. and all the insurance companies are saying like 10,000 or 13,500..

does anyone know any good car insurance for a 17 year old which will be cheap because i am not paying 10,000 pound. :/ :blush:

mate 10k is a lot. you gotta be a bit cheecky and dont tell the the whole truth! and yes i know this post gonna get delete it. lol
your car value is obviously 50 pounds and you dont drive more then 1000k a year. its parked in garage over night and you going fully comp with 500 quid excess. put your parents on.

or what you can do it to put youself on parents policy ant get your own when you older and more "experienced"

good luck

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
yeh turn "BROKER" yourself!
find chauffeur company, talk business with the owner. for some coins he would put you and car on the policy. cover'd !
and it may not be a sky high price also.

OP
OP
C

camoxodka

mckenziecz thanks you very much it help i found a cheaper one for 3,075 but know i have found one for 1,500 :) that is amazing i change the mileage from 3001 t0 4000 to 0 - 1000 and that dropped it alot and then value 50 quid :D
thanks bro <3

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
mckenziecz thanks you very much it help i found a cheaper one for 3,075 but know i have found one for 1,500 :) that is amazing i change the mileage from 3001 t0 4000 to 0 - 1000 and that dropped it alot and then value 50 quid :D
thanks bro <3

Best hope they don't ask for proof of your mileage as my insurers did, I said 6000 miles and did a little over 7000miles, and got a £100 charge! But my quote was below 6000 miles £350, over 6000miles £420 so It cost me £30 more than it should have because I did more miles than I said! I shudder to think if you do the average 10000miles in a year but tell them 1000miles :s
You could be looking at 100s if not thousands! To pay back at the end of the year

OP
OP
C

camoxodka

year but i am probably not going to do over that. becuase i am only going to school, back which is 2 miles there and back so one mile every way and then 2 or 3 mile to macdonald about twice a week and then maybe a journy to a meeting with you guess. :)

yh u say that but u wont coz u now got a car u will be like i can go anywhere and u will in my first car i done 15000 in 6 months lol then blow it up ha

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
year but i am probably not going to do over that. becuase i am only going to school, back which is 2 miles there and back so one mile every way and then 2 or 3 mile to macdonald about twice a week and then maybe a journy to a meeting with you guess. :)

Mate you will definately do over a 1000 a year otherwise you may as well park it up and insure it as a none runner and walk/cycle everywhere if you did 20 miles a week which is easy to do every day let alone a week, that's over 1000miles a year

OP
OP
C

camoxodka

i probably wont do it i will proabably put it up to a bit more... but to about 2001- 3000 mile per year because i am not going to do alot it has to get me to work and back. and then maybe a couple of meetings and

My mileage never gets checked. But then I said I do 12,000 which is about right. When I first got my Micra I told the whole truth including lowering, and my price was £1600. The next year with a year's no claims it was about £1000 still modified. Was only a 1.0 non-sports model though.

Now, with 3 years no claims I pay around £780, no mods. That's still a bit too high, but the company have screwed me in with a £316 cancellation fee.

OP
OP
C

camoxodka

mckenziez i think your right because me mam said that, but if they do decide to check it i am not bothered easy done ;) with a garage involved :D

euro_micra

Matt :)
Don't some insurence companies install a tracking device to your car to measure the amount of miles you do, and to see if your driving at night when you say you only drive in the day. I'm guessing they let you know this before hand, as it can reduce the price quite a bit apparently. If your not going to be doing many miles anyway, it could be an option?

I've also been told when I was 16/17 that having a moped as your first means of transport will drop the price of the cars insurence a fair bit, enough to cover the price of the moped and its insurence. That only worked for some though, guess it would depend on your insurence company.

OP
OP
C

camoxodka

but i do nto want a tracker due to the reason being that it will track you speed, mileage and other things. :/ so that not an option for me sorry euro_micra

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Don't some insurence companies install a tracking device to your car to measure the amount of miles you do, and to see if your driving at night when you say you only drive in the day. I'm guessing they let you know this before hand, as it can reduce the price quite a bit apparently. If your not going to be doing many miles anyway, it could be an option?

I've also been told when I was 16/17 that having a moped as your first means of transport will drop the price of the cars insurence a fair bit, enough to cover the price of the moped and its insurence. That only worked for some though, guess it would depend on your insurence company.

Yep, they do fit them. But most of the time they will have an assessor local to you pop round an take a reading, like the gas meter man does
I've got mine at 6000miles I don't even drive it much I use my van for everything! But I got stung once so won't make that mistake again

Hmm, must of put down for about 8000,

Ended up with about 36,000 miles the first year o_O,

Did i mention micra's are addictive?

Sky Insurance

Official MSC Trader
There is some pretty awful advice offered on thread.

Whilst I do sympathise with the young/new drivers with regards to the high cost of insurance, if you choose to lie about the risk that you present to your insurer, you'll only have yourself when you claim is void and you have to declare you've had insurance refused, cancelled or declined.

I appreciate people do lie to obtain insurers, if you do this, that's your look out but advising others to do the same is not on. I'm surprised the advice has been allowed to stay on the public forum.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I think it just highlights how STUPID people are.

FFS people make your own stupid choices sure, but do NOT encourage others to do the same.

Tell you one thing for sure if one of the above crashed into me and I found you were not covered by insurance they would have a damn sight more to worry about than the amount of miles you were doing.

Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.