I have a bell in my Gearbox!!!

Micra 110

Site Supporter
There's a ringing sound which is happening when my hand is pulling back on the Gear stick. The noise only happens in 2nd and 4th. :(

Any ideas what it could be?

Many thanks :)

Are you sure its not the clutch thrust bearing that is making the noise? Does pressing the clutch pedal (whilst stationary and in neautral with the engine running) change the noise? Does it make the noise selecting them gears whilst not moving? But most likely to be something loose under the car or the syncromesh on 2nd and 4th.

Thanks for the suggestions, The noise only happens when in motion. The gears work fine although saying that they are slightly difficult to engage, I'll have a look at the clutch adjustment first :)

Have a check of the spring at the bottom of the gear lever that pulls it towards centre when in neutral. Especially if it's more of a doing that a bong :)

Have a check of the spring at the bottom of the gear lever that pulls it towards centre when in neutral. Especially if it's more of a doing that a bong :)

Weird you should mention that little spring....and that's not all....

K10Gearchangemechanism.jpg

The Bracket bolted to sides are the wrong ones, the rubber supports have perished therefore it was the sagging that was causing the 'ding ding ding' noise.

The proper bracket does bolt to the side but getting one to match????:doh:

Anybody got the part to fit this particular set up, would be grateful :)

I don't half find some car-razy things.....

they are supposed to be cottonreel rubbers aint they :eek:

There's a pic in the Haynes that does show this set up but it's not very clear, what you suggested sounds about right.

The part is called a 'Hand lever rubber holder' and bolts directly onto the black bracket and the 'cotton reel' goes in the middle.

The fog is clearing...... :)

be intersting to see if anyone can find the part cause im having the same problem with rubbers completely perished, ive got it cable tied up at the moment andreally stuggling to get reverse gear cause the stick isnt central.

youll have to drill a hole in the L shape bracket to use a cotton reel rubber cause i think the original rubbers are glued on one side and bolted to the to other

Brackets have been found

andy88 said:
the original rubbers are glued on one side and bolted to the to other

Nissan dealers can get these brackets and they're £21 each. ***Part no 34560-01B00***

They had one in stock too which is bizarre fwn so in a couple of days when the other one turns up the gear changing will be pukka :D

Now fitted :)

DSCF2067.jpg

K10Gearchangemechanism.jpg

Case closed :cool:

Back