How Is Everyone Finding The Snow?

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Just Got In From Work.... Should Of Been In Half Hour Ago The Car Got Stuck In The Car Park And Was Skidding All Over The Place! :glare:

Anyone Else Have Some "Fun" Experiences?

Had great fun in a derelict industrial estate car park...but wasn't so much fun when parking in my drive ended in a pirouette!! :eek:

Love the snow! Drove to work no problems at all, just have to be a bit slower.

only just got up lol :) looked out the window an its there will go for a play later see if the new wheels are any good or wether i need to dig the standard ones out :)

D'oh, I don't have snow here either - just sun, cold sun!
Sed, you don't need rear wheel drive, just your handbrake lol

Was out last night finding the steepest hills I could find to test out the snow chains ;) Roads today are fine no problems.

ollyc98 2stroke oil doesn't freezefwn

dont need the handbrake lol go sideways anyway...

How did the mot go anyways? fwn

Lol fair enough!
Yeah MOT went good thanks! Just got an advisory on play in a ball joint or something, nothing major! The guy was really strict (read: thorough) as opposed to the usual guy, too, so not a bad result!

snow tyres ;)

my car actually drives better in the snow! it has something to grip, very surreal

might borrow the rear wheel drive volvo and go to the ikea carpark ;) lol

Wasnt too bad here this morning:

18122009155-B.jpg

i love it when it snows, removes most of the idiots from the road so i get a nice and easy drive into work.

Mike

Had to go out to asda an hour a go, Started snowing on way there getting home was tricky though. Some idiot in a corsa nearly slid into me driving like an idiot, He then stopped, blew me a kiss and drove off quick.

Good tyres make a hell of a difference in the snow though

getting home was interesting, especially as some ### has seen fit to abandon their car in the middle of the road on the hill leading up to my house....... :glare:

Had to go out to asda an hour a go, Started snowing on way there getting home was tricky though. Some idiot in a corsa nearly slid into me driving like an idiot, He then stopped, blew me a kiss and drove off quick.

Good tyres make a hell of a difference in the snow though

my very good tyres didnt :glare:

finding the snow expensive and depressing ( wrote my car off today )

Been round a few 'private' car parks this evening trying to get the car to slide.
Just wouldn't happen even at 30 and sharp turn with the handbrake. My old micra just loved to do it.

Been round a few 'private' car parks this evening trying to get the car to slide.
Just wouldn't happen even at 30 and sharp turn with the handbrake. My old micra just loved to do it.

:laugh: were going out in the MR2 today hopefully... oh dear...:p

My handbrake has frozen / seized the last 2 mornings!

This morning the road out of my street is slightly up hill with a couple of speed bumps, the road was that iced up it took me nearly 5 minutes getting out of the road, couldn't get any grip what so ever!

Once on to the main road, I had to get round two roundabouts, basically sideways.

I can only describe it as like an ice ring, full of black ice, it was insane tying to get over the speed bumps, the turbo didn't exactly help either!

Kev

there was an inch of snow here yesterday, but what with the cars compacting it, the rain last night and the sub zero temperatures its turned to sheet ice all around the house - i wouldnt want to try getting the car down the drive, let alone tackling the hill i live on!.

there was an inch of snow here yesterday, but what with the cars compacting it, the rain last night and the sub zero temperatures its turned to sheet ice all around the house - i wouldnt want to try getting the car down the drive, let alone tackling the hill i live on!.

an inch lol thats nothing we had at least 2-3 and have been having the most fun ever! (Y)

We've had about 6 inches where I am. Steve and I dug our cars out yesterday in preparation for work today and both still struggled to get out of drive let alone up the hil to the main road. lol. I'm just wondering if I'm gonna get back at the mo cos it was snowing heavy again on way in ha ha. Can't wait for my 5 hour drive to my bros on wednesday :( its gonna be great.

I haven't yet skidded my car (apart from deliberately) but be careful out there. Just drive slowly

Kev - i've garaged my glanza cos of the weather. You should put your low/high boost back on and run switch it on

weve had about 4 inch, was out with the hivis and the 4x4 helpin people tryin to combat it in clios ect, good fun, and the 4wd driftin is emmense :D:D:D snow ftw!, although i did blos the exaust off the jeep before the back box so sounds like a propper race mobile now. haaa.

this is crazzzy, i had started clearin ma drive for the parentos, its totally coverd again with in 20 minits! WTF!! and during that had to help 4 cars turn round because theres a huge hill at the end of ma street and its kamakazi mission going down it. :D

The lil lanes near me are nice and slippy and frozen :D been having lots of slideways fun with the rallycar :p even though i've got forest tyres on it. Happy days....

Its finally Christmas! Got our first (and probably only) layer of snow fall last night. Time to take the Navara out for some 4x4 action me thinks! :D

Back