Air filter woes (this time with the product, not finding it)

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Okay so I decided to bite the bullet and replace my old airfliter as it was genuinely clogged with diesel soot & limestone dust.

The filter I was replacing looked black (originally red) and is a genuine Nissan filter.

I bought a "Wesfil WA944" (Ryco part nunber A1348) from Autobarn for $30. Same price as the genuine nissan article.

I eagerly slam it in at autobarn and take off to feel my new found airflow.

That's a negative. Poor car has lost complete throttle response and just doesnt want to rev properly past 5000rpm. I pulled over and made sure i didnt bump anything else and sure enough everything is nice and firm.

So I got home and i put the old 'soiled' filter back in. Oh my goodness! There's my acceleration back!

My conclusion: This aftermarket paper airfilter IS A PIECE OF RESTRICTIVE **** and my soiled nissan filter is better flowing than this one.

I don't know how I'm going to go about getting my money back. I can't believe I just threw away $30 like that. I should have just bought the Nissan filter. Gaaaargh.

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
Do you know the folks at Autobarn well?

Go back and explain your issues, take one of them for a drive swap the filter and drive some more and see what they suggest.

Could it be your new filter is faulty?

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Man $30 is $30! If you beleive its faulty take it back and demand your money back...

If its a Ryco product, and its not acting EXACTLY the same as an OEM air filter then its most probably faulty as Ryco are the recommended replacement for OEM products

Sean

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Okay well I took it back and moaned that it didn't fit (I did an anonymous call to another store and they simply said that if the filter was used, they cannot do a refund... Fair enough) :p. They took it back and gave me my money back. Yay!

Then I zipped on down to my friendly Nissan dealer and popped a genuine Nissan filter into it.

Oh my goodness! Talk about giving me my power back. Louder induction note as well. :p

Funnily enough the genuine filter is sourced from Nissan JAPAN (although it is made in the Philippines)....

So there's a lesson for ya'll. Don't risk your cash with aftermarket parts. UNLESS you know what you're buying is better than the genuine parts, stick to genuine!

Back