High revving

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
hi guys,
Sorry if this has been covered before but just drove my k10 down the road home and as i pulled up it just started revving really high, i checked the vacuum hoses and couldn't see much?
happened once before with old engine but sorted that by slackening throttle cable a bit.
Wheni drove it back throught the village it seemed to get worse when i stopped, turned it off and it over ran for about 10 seconds?

Anyone got any ideas?
Cheers
Joe

joe

your throttle cable might be sticking
if its "running on", it must be getting that hot that its igniting the fuel without a spark

it pulled throttle cable off the bracket when it was running high and it didnt make a difference. grr when i had top of air pan off aswell it puffed a mist of i guess fuel out of it as it ran on

joe

i think your carb has an antideisel valve ( to stop runon )
also theres a fast idle mechanism on the semi-autochoke ?

not sure to be honest, engine is off arnold, and he said its got a low milage carb less than 40k so i would hope it wasnt something like that?

Yeah it's definitely got about 40K on the carb. Was all in perfect working order when it reached Kristians. He drove it half the country without any problems!

joe

i think the antideisel valve has 1 wire and the idle speed valve has 2
i would check them for condition/signal etc

seems to be okay, guess something was sticking a bit casue i got a bi annoyed and really ragged it down the road, then it was fine when i pulled up :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back