2002 K11 1.0 Bosch Coil Pack

Hi,

I've encountered a problem with my Micra, which is only apparent at high revs (only experienced when revving at standstill - not driving).

What happened was: I did an oil flush then changed the oil and filter. Drove it after this for around 6-8 miles. Ran beutifully as I had already changed the fuel & air filters and spark plugs.

Later got home & gave the car a quick jetwash. Stupidly cleaned some of the engine as well. Yes it probably wasn't such a good idea in hindsight.

When I started it, it fired up no problem, but the fuel guage started moving about erratically for a while going up and down. It kept wavering from the right fuel level mark to the minimum mark but not zero, then remained at the lower end of the scale after a while, again not zero. Also noticed that when the accelerator was pressed hard to the floor - maximum revs - (sorry dont have a rev counter) it seemed to 'pulse' that is quickly switching from full acceleration to accelerating with a blip as if not accelerating (like no fuel?)but only for a split second.

This was a couple of days ago and i have only driven the car twice today for around 8 miles (2 x 4 mile journey's).

The fuel guage has stabilised, but the acceleration problem is still there at full revs. It starts and drives OK but does sound a little noisy and a bit like it's misfiring? (NOTE: A BIT but could just be me though?) The exhaust i noted smells a little pungent (smelled? up close) - then again have never really paid any attention to it before.

Any ideas or suggestions as where to start or what might be wrong? I thought that the water had clearly got somewhere it shouldn't have, but would hopefully dry off in time....

TIA.

More than likely got water in one of the sensors, unplug each plug one by one blow out, squirt a little wd40 blow out again replace, if this doesnt solve it your mass air flow meters playing up. You need a new one try ebay.

lmao its called the rev limiter!

Ha ha, thats so funny. NOT.

Fault wasn't present before the engine clean. :doh:

And how do you explain the noise?

BTW, the 'pulsing' action is continuous at full/high revs.

More than likely got water in one of the sensors, unplug each plug one by one blow out, squirt a little wd40 blow out again replace, if this doesnt solve it your mass air flow meters playing up. You need a new one try ebay.

At what sensors and where should I be looking/cleaning? How many sensors is there? Sorry 'cos I do not have a manual.

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
lol im sorry but you said the smell could be normal in your post. your symptoms describe the rev limiter perfectly. so yeah p i double s funny woulnt you say?

At what sensors and where should I be looking/cleaning? How many sensors is there? Sorry 'cos I do not have a manual.

Everything that has a plug on it under the bonnet may have water in it quite simply, just make sure the ignition is switched off before you start and all plugs are back on before you you turn the key.