hi

hi, im new to the forum, although my own car isnt a micra (but it is a nissan) the missus car is a micra, nice little car, nice to drive etc. tis a 1993 1.3 SLX in red 5 door :D

now comes my problem, she is 9 months pregnant, and sort of blacked out the other day while driving, and came too imbeded in a width resriction bollard, thankfully the micra was strong enuf to stop any injurys, but the micra paid for it in the process, is there any micras breaking in the thurrock essex area, and wheres the best place to buy a new lower crossmember, i dont want a whole front panel, i have already cut out the bent item ready for the new one.

shopping list :-

lower crossmember
bonnet slam panel
engine mount cradle crossmember
bonnet
front grill
front bumper

Cheers for any help.

best off buying the lower crossmember new,off the net,ther is a link on here somwhere

i have a bonnet and slam pannel for sale but im in sheffield/rotherham area,and not worth the postage cost for you mate ,so best off at your local scrappies

cheers guys, i saw that site, they only do the whole front panel, i already have the crossmember cut out, dont really want to cut out any more, i was really looking for somewhere close by to me that i can go and get rather than have postage, but i have found this......

http://bap.dominohosting.biz/bap/bapdb01.nsf/$$ViewTemplate%20for%20MakeModel!OpenForm&RestrictToCategory=NISSAN%20MICRA%20K11%20(01/93%3E4/98)

they do the lower crossmember for 17 quid plus vat plus 10 quid delivery. max delivery is 10 quid so if i order any more its no more on delivery.

**EDIT** yeah i know ferry lane, thats my next visit after M and J's and outens. cheers for that.

If you can do the welding or get it done good thats great but obviously it has to be really good welding, a front panel change is something that can be done on your drive in a day see here
but good luck in what you need, tons of people on here who can help

Hello and welcome, glad your partner escaped without any injuries, hope she and the baby r ok!! :D

if she blacks out regularly she will have to inform the DVLA which could lead to a driving suspension :S. But its for saftey reasons though. Happened to me, hated it but was vital at the time :S

shes fine, we spent 5 hrs down the hospital bout it, they put it down to low blood pressure due to pregnancy, shes not allowed to drive till after the birth.

i got a lower crossmember today delivered COD from maldon auto panels, cost me a total of £18.21, welding it on is not a problem, i have my own mini mig, and i am a welder by trade, would much rather using the 320 amp 3 phase welders i have at work, but its to much hassle, so my mini mig will have to do.

for most people in essex area maldon auto panels will deliver, they seem to carry all the panels, and are a great price.

ferry lane only has a few or less scrap yards these days :( local ones dont have any micra breaking :(

Cheers for all the replies

Back