Front panel & other parts.....

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I've still not had a chance to look over the car properly to find out just how bent it is, but from the drive home and the brief look I've had so far it seeems that it might be fixable. The developing plan involves something along the lines of straigtening out the wings/bonnet as far as possible, likewise the inner wing.

Hopefully the O/S chassis leg is not too out of shape, I hope that It might be able to be bent back.

I'm pretty certain that I'll be needing a front panel, slam panel and cross member - definately the cross bember - its quite clearly rustier than a rusty thing - and that was before the prang.

These front panels are on the bay, seems nice and cheap - they look to inclde the crossmember - do they? what about the slam panel?

I might well be needing to take up the kind offers of parts from gents on here shortly, just got to decide if I want to send as much less than a couple of hundred as I can getting this one back on the road - or a couple more on another car. What do you reckon?

that offside chassis is the clincher mark, how much has the gap to the alternator widened ?

Attachments

• SDC11772.JPG
    SDC11772.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 368
What sort of gap os that Frank, about the width of the belt?

Anyhoo - I got out in the daylight for a bit this afternoon. It's not looking good. The inner wing is creased, the chassis leg has moved down and out towards the offside, and it looks like it might have pulled the N/S leg over slighly as well.

DSCF2638.jpg

DSCF2637.jpg

DSCF2636.jpg

DSCF2635.jpg

DSCF2636.jpg

DSCF2633.jpg

DSCF2644.jpg

That looks like a big old gap between the end of the alternator and the leg Frank.

not as wide as i expected mark :grinning: fire a chain through the towloop and around a convenient tree eh (Y)

I reckon once you get the front panel and wings off it might not look so bad, it might even be worth taking it to a body shop to have the inner wing pulled, a couple of hours labour is all it would take..?

Those ebay front panels look complete but as always with non genuine panels might not fit too well

Shame i dont live closer to you, would love to lend a hand to get you rollin again..!

Ebay crossmembers are fine! I've fitted loads. We now use Hadrian front panels from a local supplier, they are just as good but cheaper!
If you get the genuine Nissan one it comes as a complete front panel.

On a slightly related theme...

When I was at college, hundreds of years ago a guy in my class had reversed his Vauxhall Nova into a bollard. He managed to source a tailgate from the local breakers but it wouldn't close because the cars rear panel was pushed in. I suggested chaining it to the skip and driving forward to pop it out.

We chained the car to the skip and he drove forward as fast as he could.

The chain broke the loop off the skip, the chain swung voilently over the car smashing both windscreens, denting the roof bonnet and new tailgate.
No-one ever asked me for accident repair ideas again! :laugh:

ive used a wooden lamp post and chains in the past to pull out chassis legs ect, even easier if you can apply some heat with oxy/acetylene and from photos it aint that bad

Hmmm try find a cheap micra on gumtree :), for what its worth then just swap everything over, you need to get up and runnin mark, oh and sell me your wheels ;) hehe, good luck mate

Back