Hi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neet

Hi everyone!

My name is neet and I thought Id introduce myself and ask some advice. I got my micra last week and have completely fallen in love with her! However, I dont think the previous owners were quite as enthusiastic as myself, she needs a bit of TLC.

Its MOT time soon and Im worried about a larger patch of rust directly underneath the bonnet (where you put ur hands underneath to lift it up). Does anyone know whether this will cause a problem with the MOT?

Eventually Id like to replace the bonnet and driver side door, both of which are a bit worse for wear so if anyone could recomend where I could get these from and where to get them sprayed I would be very grateful!

Also, the number plate lights are not working, as this is an instant fail Im going to replace them however im slightly clueless to what bulbs and what kind of screw driver it needs.

Another worry I have is that the passenger side wing mirror is screwed on where as the other appears to be stuck on. The screwed on one is slightly wobbley but only if u physically shake it and i tried sticking it back on but the super glue didnt hold. Does this matter for the MOT?

Other things I have noticed include a rusty battery holder and there appears to be no coolant (i think?) in the what I *think* was the coolant holder in the white/clear plastic container in the front right hand side of the engine.

Thanks for any help!

welcome to the amazingness...

the rust shouldnt be a problem on the bonnet as far as i know...

is it a K10 (old square shape) or K11 (newer curvey shape) ?

Hi and welcome....Your Numberplate lights are easy job...jus lift ut boot so you can see your lights...2 Philips screws on each light...take them out and remove the cover..there will be a glass bulb inside jus pull it and it should pop out...we call them capless bulbs...i think thers only 2 sizes and there the big ones...only cost 50p or something...put 2 new ones in and see if she works....if it doesnt..check the metal connections to see if there corroded..if they are...try and scratch it off or sand them with a bit of sand paper.
Its usually only the bulbs tho.

For your bonnet and door...the best place is a scrap yard...if you get a new painted door..even tho you give them the right paint code it will look different because of your bonnet and door will have faded abit in the sun :)

For your mirrors...if there basicly hanging off i think its a fail...so again best place would be a scrap yard....easy to do your self...pull the plastic cover off....mind the bottom (nobs) there a ###### sometimes :) then theres only 3 x 10mm nuts to undo. you should get 2 mirrors for about 10 - 15 quid :D

Add me to msn if you have any more questions :D
(if yav got it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back