Hi There- I'm new! Few K10 Tech Q's........

K10

Ex. Club Member
Hi peeps,

I'll hopefully be buying my first micra tomorrow, just gotta jack it up and have a good poke around underneath. Any particular places to look for rot, or is it a case of look everywhere?

If all is well (fingers crossed) I'll be the proud owner of it fairly soon (Y)

I've kinda liked these little motors for some time, and I like modding cars- but it will be my daily driver, so just a few personal touches are required I think, rather than any serious stuff.

Which lowering springs do you guys reccomend?

I've see weitec ones for £95, which are -35mm. Are these any good, any other reccomendations? Do standard dampers cope with an uprated spring, or do they tend to bounce around a lot?

Also the car has a few faults which i'll need to rectify. Its due a cambelt, it needs a handbrake cable and the rear shoes are due for replacement. Also the rubber block which holds the gear linkage in place has failed, so that will need replacement too. Are these particularly hard to do? I presume not, as one of the K10's charms is its simplicity in my opinion- but any advice or tips would be appreciated (Y) (its a 1991 1.0 LS if it makes any difference from other models ;) )

I've a had a quick look around the site, some nice motors on here- keep up the good work everyone :)

K10 said:
Its due a cambelt, it needs a handbrake cable and the rear shoes are due for replacement. Also the rubber block which holds the gear linkage in place has failed....

Sounds like a right lemon mate, I'd look for something a bit newer in better condition.

Depeds how much its for sale. A cam belt can be changed (if you know what your doing) in about one and a half hours. Rubber mounts are easy to change rear shoes are fiddily but again not too bad. The handbrake cable is the only expensive part here that I see, but usually these can be freed up.

Ed

CAT 20T said:
Sounds like a right lemon mate, I'd look for something a bit newer in better condition.

:rolleyes: :laugh: Hi mate, fancy seeing you on here ;)
Cheers for putting me onto this forum (Y)

Ed- cheers for the reply mate. 1 and 1/2 hours i can cope with- I plan on spending a day on it (if I buy it) anyhow, to get it straight.
Expensive- ######- any idea how expensive? I may be able to get a few quid off it if its gonna cost me a few schillings....... cheers :)

From memory the handbrake cable from nissan is around 90+vat. This was a long time ago and it may now be alot more and not likely to be less!

jeeez! (just spat beer on me monitor!)

£28 I think i can cope with, a pattern part it is. I'll ring an autofactor and get a quote first though to make sure.

Thanks for that (Y)

Sonic, i have a K10, my drivers side headlight lets water in. if your stripping it down how much do you want for it (providing yours is water tight of course) ?

cheers :)

Are you sure it needs a new handbrake cable mate, as it could just be the auto adjusters, as they are dump!!! Very easy to sort out though if you take both wheels off and tighten it back up again. :) Good luck with the car anyway, hope you get it sorted. ;)

Sonic> Cheers for the offer mate, but i'll probarly just put new on, as most bits are cheap and if it is a good one i'll probarly keep it a few years (Y)

I'd be interested in the gear linkage block thingy though if its in good condition and I do end up buying the car.

Micra man> I'm not sure if it does need a cable- this is what I've been told by the current owner, so i'd have to look into it myself. Thanks for the tip :grinning:

I'm off for a ganders at it now, i'll let y'all know how i get on :)

it's ok, ive just took it off and found the accident chipped the glass and let the damp in. :doh:
and mine suffered the remote rubber syndrome as well, but i fixed mine with a couple of heavy duty cable ties, it passed 2 mots with that.

Courior said:
Sonic, i have a K10, my drivers side headlight lets water in. if your stripping it down how much do you want for it (providing yours is water tight of course) ?

cheers :)

Check the rubber seal on the back where the bulb goes. If its not on properley or its damaged, thats where water can get in

Well, just been down for a through look around it, seems in really good condition- so its mine as soon as he gets another car :D :k10:

So i'm soon to be the proud owner of a 1991 1.0 LS :cool:

Sonic- would you be willing to sell me the gear linkage brackets if the rubber mounts are in good condition?

Cheers, and thanks for everyones help in this thread (Y)

Back