K11 (Multiple Q's)

T

thekore

I have a '93 (K) 1.0L - I love the car and bought it from a family member for £150. Now its MOT'd right up until November but there are a few things I would like to do, but not entirely know if it would be worth it.

Now, on both front wings right at the very front of the wing where the bumper meets the wheel arch there is quite a bit of rust. Its so bad that if i were to press it hard it would crumble. I'm thinking of getting two new wings, as I have noticed the little mick has bolt-ons... very handy. Is this an easy task? Will it be easy enough to get one from a scrap yard and it still be a good fit?

Another thought I have is to get new bumpers, on my Mick I dont have the body coloured bumpers. If I were to start the customisation of the car I think that this will make a major difference, particularly if I were to get the front with fogs. But is there anything I need to watch out for? Can I only use bumpers from a '93 K11? And are the front bumpers the 'S' model?

Finally, my plans overall for the car. I want to install two 6x9's in replacement from my current 4" two-ways. Build in a stealth 10 or 12-inch Sub in the boot. Lower the entire car by 35mm, install front and rear colour coded bumpers (front pref. with Fogs), install a full 3.5-inch exhaust system (one that doesnt roar but purr's). Fit some new shoes somthing like 13-inch multi-spoke alloys... don't want anything stupid looking, perhaps BBS but I dont know if they go as low as 13's. With this in mind, along with the cars age and the current bodywork condition it will probably need some filler and a respray... Will it all be worth it?

What I suppose im asking is, if I were to do all this to the car and do it properly might I add. Even if I need to pay for a professional fitting will the overall cost be worth it. Or am I better looking for a newer model when the time comes and then take it from there. Perhaps one that doesnt need new bumpers and one that doesnt need as much attention to the bodywork?

Many thanks for your input. :)

It really all depends on how solid the car is underneath and how good mechanically it is. If it has rust, chances are the sills and crossmember might be rusted too, check them out and if there ok I dont see the problem with you modifying the car. The plans you have for your car sound good, only you can really decide if its worth it though or saving for a better model to modify.

Nice to see another Scottish member BTW.

Wing are easy enough to replace.

The bumpers you are after are the Super S (93-96) & SR (96-98) bumpers, they are exactly the same as each other, its just that the Nissan changed the name of the particular model.

If it was me personnaly (depending on finances) i would drive it how it is for a year or so and just get a 1.3 Super S / SR, but thats just me and im biased towards them....

Back