Hi from Perth Western Australia

I'm in the process of buying a Micra (2006-8) in the UK in preperation for undertaking the London to Mongolia Adventurist rally in July. I would very much welcome advice from members of the club on how best to prepare the car for 10,000 miles of what basically is abuse.

I chose the Micra for a number of reasons, spare part avaliability being high on the list. The rally rules do not allow engines larger than 1200cc - hence another reason for the Micra.

I will spend time reading through the techncial posts, and I'm sure asking questions as i go.

Many thanks for the feedback James. Yes, a lot of YouTube videos on the rally show the Micra in action. I'm not supprised to see other threads on the rally - thanks.

I'll hang fire now until our car is purchased (we have a friend in Plymouth on the look out) i will then decide on mods required, when we know the exact year / model etc. Certainly a sump guard and rasing the car as much as feasible seems to be a must. We have a set of four point harnesses for the car, plus a remote camera mount for the Go-Pro to record the more interesting bits of the Rally.

Thanks again. If anyone else out there has advice on rally preparing the micra, please throw in your two pennies worth...

Hi Stani, 2013 is the tenth Mongolia Rally, and the Adventurist are saying they will change the rally format for next year. You still have time to join up.....you only live once (apparently)...

I'm in the process of buying a Micra (2006-8) in the UK in preperation for undertaking the London to Mongolia Adventurist rally in July. I would very much welcome advice from members of the club on how best to prepare the car for 10,000 miles of what basically is abuse.

I chose the Micra for a number of reasons, spare part avaliability being high on the list. The rally rules do not allow engines larger than 1200cc - hence another reason for the Micra.

I will spend time reading through the techncial posts, and I'm sure asking questions as i go.
that would restrict you to a 1.0 k12 tho surely ?

Frank, by the rally rules yes, but we are going with the 1.2, and paying a small fine for the pleasure of breaking one of the rules...

McMicra, maybe not..suspect supercharger would be worth more than the car when we make the finish line..

No chance ill be doing it anytime soon, with young kids and not enough money to burn on something like this it'll be many years before I can even think about it

I'm now the proud owner of a '58' plate Micra 1.2. Its bronze metallic which works out well with our team logo. I probably paid a little much for it, but its FSH / one owner with 50k miles on it - paid 3250 pounds....

Back