From Southampton, now in Australia - My first K11 !

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd stop past and say hello to you all!

Names Justin, born and bred in Southampton, now living in Australia as of the past 9 years.

Have been into cars a while (I'm a motoring journo by trade); in particular the Japanese import side of cars. Australia is lucky enough to be filled to the brim with quality imports. I've had a few S-chassis', an R-chassis, and finally onto the best Nissan of them all - the mighty K-Chassis!

I picked up 1.3 Litre K11 two days ago, CG13DE motor (All K11 here in AU is 1.3!) and she is a five door SLX spec (one below the super S model). Turquoise in colour.

I deal with a lot of import JDM-Specific parts from Japan, and have a few contacts there who help me attain those rare, sought after goodies for most cars. Naturally, K11 parts have taken precedent and I will be offering plenty of cheap parts to you guys back home in order to help keep a little K11 alive :)

So far I've managed to chuck a set of Sunny GTI-r (Pulsar SSS here in AU) wheels onto the car, she's been stripped and is going through some paintless dent removal tomorrow to tidy her up.

I will be posting a build thread for the car soon, I already have a big box of JDM goodies on the way for her which doesn't promote the sleeping cause (feels like xmas at the age of ten, all over again.)

Look forward to conversing with you all!

Welcome along :)

From what I remember, the Aussie K11s are actually UK built models (VIN code starting SJN). I don't know WHY they didn't just get them from Japan!

Can you get Gen 7 Celica parts? ;)

James.

Sure can James! What sort of things are you looking at? I love a good 2ZZ myself, I had a Corolla Sportivo for a short period of time which has that mighty lift engine inside it. Fast thing they are.

And you are correct, strange true fact. My father (a wise, old mechanic) was grinning when he saw where it came from. It's nice to have a piece of home, away from home, right?

Sure can James! What sort of things are you looking at? I love a good 2ZZ myself, I had a Corolla Sportivo for a short period of time which has that mighty lift engine inside it. Fast thing they are.

And you are correct, strange true fact. My father (a wise, old mechanic) was grinning when he saw where it came from. It's nice to have a piece of home, away from home, right?

Mine's only a "lowly" 1ZZ, although my friend had a Corolla Compressor, and that was crazy quick!

To be honest I haven't really looked into the JDM Toyota stuff yet, I must get back on Yahoo Auctions Japan! :)

Welcome Justin ;)
So far I've managed to chuck a set of Sunny GTI-r (Pulsar SSS here in AU) wheels onto the car, she's been stripped and is going through some paintless dent removal tomorrow to tidy her up.

I will be posting a build thread for the car soon, I already have a big box of JDM goodies on the way for her which doesn't promote the sleeping cause (feels like xmas at the age of ten, all over again.)

Can't wait for a thread...or ....can't wait for pictures! LOL :p

Mine's only a "lowly" 1ZZ, although my friend had a Corolla Compressor, and that was crazy quick!

To be honest I haven't really looked into the JDM Toyota stuff yet, I must get back on Yahoo Auctions Japan! :)

Ahh, all 7th gen Celica here is 2ZZ.. They make a good buy at 6-7,000 AUD. My father is also a foreman at a Toyota dealer here, so I can get OEM stuff for cost price (willing to help you guys out :D) too so if you need anything new I can get it also.

I will have a search and certainly spam your thread with stuff you SHOULD BE BUYING!

Welcome Justin ;)

Can't wait for a thread...or ....can't wait for pictures! LOL :p

Thanks!

Will get some pictures up soon, the paintless dent removal was done today on a large dent it had, looks ace, so much prettier now!

equal length potentially, who knows, i'd rather not have you stuck without 'shafts, but if you think they're the same, then it'll make post easier and cheaper for you!

Nothing worse than sending parts incomplete!

I thought I could of used my current almera shafts which are shortened in it
nah, the n/s one is a different length andy

shafts, full.JPG

Back