Help? Crashed in a curb - wheel bent and lost alignment - PICTURES

EDIT: Title is wrong!! Not a kerb, a wall!

So I've got a car which has crashed into a wall corner first and the wheel appears to be bent.

It does drive, but the steering aliment is about a half turn off alignment and when turning the steering wheels, one can hear a grinding noise coming from the passenger wheel. I cant see anything obvious touching the wheel. The noises are also make worse when the car goes over uneven ground (ie when the suspension is used)

Just a best guess here (I know you don't have a lot of information) Would this car be worth fixing and does anybody have any idea what parts may be the culprit?

People pay a lot of money for that sort of camber! ;)
My guess us you've bent the lower wishbone, probably the track rod, maybe the suspension leg... Best to strip it Down and check it all over. Looks like you were going a fair wack at the time of the bump..

New wheel and wishbone I guess, when mine went into the curb my wishbone bent then broke in two and my wheel was bent. Track rod was fine though, but as Noddy said, it needs stripping and looking over. Remove the wishbone and check for damage (it'll probably be pretty bad tbh) and check for play in the track rod end, if there's none you probably got off light like me.

Thanks for the advice guys.
How easy would this be to replace? How much do you guys reckon this is going to cost if I get it done at a garage? (Best estimate?)
Cheers
Ron

i would change the knuckle first personally ron (the cast iron hub bit) then go from there
and a garage would quote about 1k for the full repair :)

you can get a whole new wishbone for as little as £20 on ebay, places like eurocarparts stock them for about £35 new, and they come with the bushes and ball joint fitted. You jack up car, undo the drop link from anti roll bar (noting order bits came off for reassembly), undo ball joint to hub, undo rear bracket, then remove front bolt and it will come off. Refitting just do it backwards, and before you tighten the front bolt and rear bracket fully, put the wheel under the disk/hub and lower car so spring compresses, then tighten fully. It might take a bit of wiggling to get the front bolt to go through the hole, but the whole task shouldn't take more than an hour tops. You will 100% need to get the tracking done after but it won't be so bad you can't drive to a garage to get it done.
All in, a garage might charge £90-100 Including tracking?
You can buy the wishbone and a socket and spanner set for £50, then pay garage to do tracking for same price except you still have spanners and socket set afterwards, which equals more man points.
Edit: Just for work to get the steering right

negative camber does,nt point to a "kerb fight" tho eh, its the top of the wheel that was hit not the bottom (looks more like armco damage to me)

I do like the sound of more man points, lol!

Just had a look and on inspection, from comparing the sides both wishbones looks straight!
The rubber overlying the joint on the bad passenger side wheel (What is this joint called?) looks rather messed up though! Any thoughts?

the shaft is under compression from the lean of the leg eh, the casting usually bends here (arrowed) you could remove the upper knuckle bolt and reset the wheel to more vertical (then tighten the lower knuckle bolt)

imagesup.net.png

that one is complete eh ron, its hard to tell from a pic, but it looks slightly curved to me ?
offer £40 maybe ?

dm-1113731199269.png

Back