Help, wheel alignment

Robb

Site Supporter
I need to get my tracking done as i drove into a kerb yesterday :blush: front drivers wheel is a wee bit bent so im on the spare til i get to a scrappy for another wheel!

I have a few queries though if anyone would like to assist:

I have lowering springs, spacers all round and a whiteline panhard atm. What needs to come off or be changed in order for a garage to align the front end properly?

Im presuming all spacers to come off but what about the springs and panhard? Would it just be easier to put it back to stock for aligning?

Ta.

They have to pretty much guess at the tracking if your car is lowered...or so i've been told by the garage that did mine

Right o, on the plus side i just picked up a brand new spare with a spankin new tyre for £15 :)

Im just gonna take it with the 50mm springs on and the spacers off and see what they say i think.

Any futher light on the subject would be much appreciated though.

robb

we used to do a lot of tracking when i was tyrefitting (the boss used to blag the customers that they needed it doing :suspect:), some lowered cars and deep splitters get in the way of the laser beam, and lowered/big wheel cars obstruct the fitters axcess to the trackrods when adjusting, but i dont think you,ll have any problems :)

anythin that alters the suspension wheels need to be on when tracked or when you put the stuff back on it will knock it back out

Nothing should need to come off at all, as long as the beams can see across and underneath your bumper, although the toe is the only thing thats adjustable and lowering can put your cambers out. if you take it to a place that has a full laser aligner it can tell you all the angles rather than just toe, ie camber, caster, toe and kpa. By the way, how badly did you dent the wheel, cos if it was me i would have taken the tyre off and smashed the wheel back straight with a big hammer!

Back