Helloweens`s K11 Micra _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I thought id post some pix of my car as ive only had a pic here and there that ive posted a while back but has had a 1.3 engine conversion from a 1.0L last friday, a new gearbox fitted (reconditioned 1.0L) face lift k11 seats, Super S interior door cards with electric windows and Super S Steering wheel and Dashboard rev counter, Nissan Pulsar Short Shift gear lever, 5 spoke alloy wheens with new tyres, KYB Gas shocks with 35mm springs (cut down for low ride look), Janspeed 4 branch manifold with decat box and middle pipe with standard backbox, Remote Car strarter alarm with central locking system, JDM rear light clusters, painted wing mirrors. The car is still in a Modding stage : Engine dressing, Colour Codeing Side trims, looking for bumpers to match also have an open mouth front grill to paint and fit...

Any comments are welcome..... :p

Back1.jpg

4branch.jpg

DSCN0057.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

DSCN0050.jpg

DSCN0051.jpg

DSCN0045.jpg

DSCN0044.jpg

DSCN0046.jpg

DSCN0048.jpg

DSCN0049.jpg

DSCN0043.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

Cheers

J

Looking good mate! Happy with the short shift shifter? Im quite pleased hehe :p

Do you have the 4-2-1 exhaust manifold? Got more pics of it? Any measures written down? Would be gratefull because that will be my next mod soon i hope.

Greetings from Slovenia,
Alex

Hiya guys, thanks for the commentsl, @alexzaki, the short shifter is a top mod to do and worth the while have to say!!! ill tryget some more pictures of the exhaust, as the car is low ill try take some pictures under the car of the exhaust, its a full 4-2-1 janspeed system apart from the back box which is standard, im looking to get a performance backbox now it doesnt have to be janspeed maybe a cheaper Sportex e.t.c..... the measurements... dont know where to start, if it was off the car maybe easier but its all on and bolted...

@will930, the engine swap was sweet, fitted a new waterpump and thermostat it was a stright swap over with no problems, flywheel and clutch was transfered from the 1.0L to the 1.3, my old gearbox whined badly so i was real lucky to get hold of a re-built gear box which was painted black by the gearbox refurb company, apparently gearbox refurbs are painted black... which is what i was told!! basically there were no problems at all whic is a stroke of luck!! i normally get F----D over when i plan something like this loooool with DIY stuff, am looking to take the front heater panel which is painted red and fit back the standard grey one i wanna keep the dashboard grey now bit too much red....

J

Ok mate appreciate as many pics as you can take and thanks a lot (Y)

Alex

Hi alexzaki, will have to be in the morning when i can take pix, but here are some more of what i need to finish off!!, need to paint up the open mouth grill which i made and also paint up the rocker cover in red!!

openmouth.jpg

rockercover.jpg

Vampire Cat
DSCN0062.jpg

DSCN0069.jpg

J

Primer painted up me rocker cover and am looking to paint it... what you guys recommend? colour of the car (Red) or black e.t.c. any comments would be great .........

DSCN0130.jpg

J

Good thought shaun cheers!!, also @waz4life, this rev counter dash clocks came from a Super S, my car was a 1.0L now 1.3 so yeah it will fit BUT you may need to wire up the speedo clock to the distributor in order to pick up the rev pulse which is what i did and works sweet!!

Cheers

J

nice :p im thinking of doing my spare rocker cover powder coated in a like midnight metallic sky blue
will look sweet as cos powder coating looks awesome

wil930, ive decided to paint up the rocker cover RED as the car and detail it in black as the wording on the rocker cover......

Fitted the Almera box today, much better to look at and with a K&N fitted sounds good too!! ..... next am painting the rocker cover and open mouth grill.....

DSCN0134.jpg

J

Hi Martinb21, cheers!!.... with the rocker cover i used a drill + wirebrush and paint 5 coats of primer, each coat let it dry, the used the AJ4 paint code paint and lashed on 5 coats of it when all dried i sanded down the lettering till its metal then 3 coats of laquar and it comes out big time shiny, same with the open mouth grill, i found out the more primer the better quality!! Eliot, loool, you copied me!!! loool, your engine bay looks nice like it!!!!! that vapire cat pollyp, is my cat, he is a serious fat B-----D of a cat, all he does is Eat, Sh-t, and Sleep, i had to hold his head up to take the picture, his fangs are big i have to say.. but hes good..... lol

Hopefully ill be fitting the rocker cover the next few days....

J

Wow the color is really bright and looks like a quality job (Y) Well done :)

Lool, yeah it has layers of paint and laquar that made the brightness high also not forgetting the flash on the camera which has exaggerate it too.. kept it in the kitchen area where its hot and the paint just lightly baked on but it came out real good i have to admit, so will be putting it on, now for the picture of the janspeed is abit tricky, as my car is low im gonna have to get it on a ramp to completly take pictures of all the exhaust and as im looking to get a performance backbox now its then i can do the pix for you....

J

When i fit my painted rocker cover ill have a spare one and will be doing the same thing but maybe in black with red lettering with lashings of paint and laquar highly polished.

J

When i fit my painted rocker cover ill have a spare one and will be doing the same thing but maybe in black with red lettering with lashings of paint and laquar highly polished.

J

Fitted the rocker on and does look different, quiet like the change.... now need to get some duct piping for the Airbox to route the airflow if anyone has any for sale or links to a site? also now for some K1 performance Ignition Leads.. :grinning:

DSCN0163.jpg

DSCN0166.jpg

J

Pic with some cans or it didnt happen.

Seb, LOOOOL i thought of doing believe it or not i have a couple of six packs in the fridge but it just wont look right, ill be sending out irresponsible signals, and the job i do just is a wrong move to a dead career LOOOOL .....

J

Small update on my side trims, rear tailgate handle and rear Super S bumper .. need to re-position the back box also the front Super S bumper needs painting and fitting...

Getting there....

DSC014487.jpg

DSC014481.jpg

DSC0144815.jpg

DSC0144811.jpg

DSC0144812.jpg

Cheers

J

Cheers scottish21, I payed around 150 for the engine which i was lucky to get for 24000 miles on the clock, i heard the engine running before i paid for it and waited around while they unbolted the engine to put on the truck, i also got hold of a 1.0l gearbox which was rebuilt and painted in black with 4000 miles on it for 60 quid so i got lucky, my old gearbox just whinned and got worst, i slapped the engine and gearbox with new clutch and got happier!! :laugh: you have to bear in mind this k11 was just bog standard L edition, i had to make it like this for my confort and likings, nothing was electric i,e, windows and all that, no rev counter, saggy seats and all.. suspension looked like it was a 4X4 off road vehicle loool so it had to be dropped..

J

Looking good!

What's the kenwood box in the lower dash, and how did you get it to fit so well? (plan on making one up myself to stealth away a motorised screen)

Looking good!

What's the kenwood box in the lower dash, and how did you get it to fit so well? (plan on making one up myself to stealth away a motorised screen)

Hi, the lower dash is a KENWOOD graphic equaliser, its a dasboard add on, you take the old panel off and you can fit another stereo etc, you can get them NISSAN but luckily i got vit from ebay new unused inbox, fitting a motorised screen is gonna be a mission cos the screen wont tilt far back for a comfortable viewing.

from basic L model to this
you done him justice! bet it feels good to drive now

Hi R-REG-SR, yeah i have to admit it does feel good driving a micra from standard L to what it looks like now.

Paintwork Looks Mint!

Hi Shaun, not bad for 5 layers of paint from paint cans a 5 cans laquar, i need to buff up the bumper now for the ultra shine :grinning: allthough its shiny as it is and then the front bumper to do!!!

Cheers guys.....

J

Quick update, now looks like a Super S, just needs to fit the spotlights and wire up the switch to dashboard... was real lucky that my front sub frame is as solid as rock no rust holes etc just little surface rust which i wire brushed down and painted hammerite for protection etc.. pix below of whats been done so far..

Front stripped and wire brushed...
Front1.jpg

Hammerite paint...
Front2.jpg

Super S Bumper Brackets...
SuperSBumpers.jpg

Super S Front bumper Fitted...
Frontbumper.jpg

Super S Rear Bumper with 2002 Rear Wiper Motor Fitted...
Rearbumper.jpg

A Pi 55ed off looking cat...
Whoyoulookingat.jpg

J

Back