GTIR update

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
okay some of you might want to know others couldnt care less but heres an update of progress thats happened to my gtir over past few months.

Apexi Power fc
Sard 650cc injectors
Oil cooler and remote filter setup
Rda slotted rotors and oem race pads
stainless steel braided brake lines
rear strut brace
custom air ducts for brakes
master cylinder brake stopper
battery moved to boot

getting ready for track day at wakefield park on Feb 17.
got set of semi slick tyres for that and wheels.
gonna be fun.

well thats whats been done.
depending on what happens i may either leave car how it is or ill get new exhasut, turbo (GT28RS or GT2871) and fix up interior.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
yep thats it. yes i know rotary enthusuasts but im going to. got frieds taking their cars, rx2 capella, rx3, rx7 . i went with them last time but didnt drive and there were skylines, wrx's, 200sx and a falcon ute.
so im going to show them how a gtir will stand up to them. i might be quicker than some maybe not but i might be able to out handle them well thats what im hoping.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Oi Brendo, try trailbraking into corners 3-4 and then set yourself up for around 80kmh for the following corner. At the hairpin you should be able to make up some time too

Sean

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Yeah, you can gain at least a full second there if you nail it right. The GTR I was in was pretty light though, only had the one seat in it and the dash pretty much and was running a set of slicks too...

See how you go mang and let us know

p.s - Call/msg me so you, Cisco and I can catch up mang

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
650cc injectors, you crazy bugger. That thing would be sucking like a micra's entire fuel tank worth of juice when you put the foot down.

Bloody 650cc injectors!

Man I'll pull my poofy Ralliart badge out and come track jabbing with you two jabbas. My car does not have the big straight line grunt though, but it should go fairly well on the corners and braking.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
ok car is all set and ready to go. spent last 2 days at workshop fixing things up. oil cooler is 100% comlplete and suspension has all been set up and adjusted. new tyres and wheels are on. semi slick tyres are amazing so grippy gonna be good.

sean you sure you done a 1:05????? thats is extremely very fast?

the wheels are black and man the car looks great. completely black all over. very stealth.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
You don't know the Skyline I was in :D

Even my mom could have done that time in it

It had 450kw@rears, not sure of all 4's though, I raced in AWD mode.

Only had a Sparco Sprint seat in it + cage, dash and that was it, no radio, heater/fan setup at all. No sound deadening, unneeded wiring etc...

Mmm.. So jealous. The drive home in the Micra was very saddening

Sean

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Yup, unregistrable track only import

Got it all for $7,000 too... Man so cheap!

It has this big arse T78-33D hybrid single turbo on it. Doesn't spool up until around 5,500rpm but once you're there everythings reduced to a nice blur. I had it up to 230 on the main straight, and everyone knows that pit lane straight isn't long at all.

Enough about that though, GTiR pics or ban! GTiR FTW!

Sean

CMF_Nudger

» CMF Member
I have sen a number of highly 'semi-race' preped GTIR's back in NZ, where they are cheap as chalk... I just hope for your sake the bloody thing does not break... they have a nasty habit of breaking!!... Sorry!!

If you find yourself running out of stopping power... I would suggest fitting the 'Brembo six-pot' setup off a r32/r33/34 GTR Skyline. those puppies have some serious stopping power. Well thats what my mates putting into his 'race-only' primera t4 (fulltime 4wd. But hell he also got a 10point roll cage to go in it... If your sr20det - is not making the kind of power that you want, forge you internals and go to a bigger turbo - or start over and sourse a sr20vet from japan - cost you about AU$7,000 shipped and landed. On stock internals their good for about (from memory) 550/600 kw at all four wheels.

These jokers in NZ know a fair bit about GTIR's sr20det' etc... http://primeracarclub.co.nz/ might be Kiwi's but know their Sh$%

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
yeah dont worry nudger i know all of the above.
i know the brakes will prob end up fading on me but i have done what i can.
got metal compound brake pads, slotted rotors and added some ducting to help em cool down a bit. but we'll see how we go.
as power. running 14psi through standard turbo and internals. should all be fine. believem e if i had 20 grand to spare i would be doing everything you say. brembo brakes and turbo and motor. but if i go turbo i gonna get garrettgt28rs or gt2871. my aim would be for 220 kwatw coz anymore than that and gearbox will be prone to break and i dont wanna spend another 6 grand on uprated gearset. i d rather keep this car how it is now and then sell it and get an evo 7 or or evo 8.

CMF_Nudger

» CMF Member
Hmmm... Evo 7 or 8... nice.

Hell with 650 injectors it's still gonna be a rocket. I does sound like a mint set-up but. How many kw's do you think your making... mybe 250 at the fly... 180/200 at the wheels? Hmmm... the gear-boxs are a weekness...

Enjoy track day :) Personally i hope you eat up those 'rota-boys' 4wd vs rwd/ sr20det vs 13b? should be some very close racin.

Good luck

N

Back