Giving up on turbo project...

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
I'm giving up on my turbo project as having problem finding forged pistons and rods here in Singapore for the cg engine... :(

I'm thinking of a NA project instead... What I have now are:

- New Nismo clutch set
- Autronic SMC installed
- Muholland 4-2-1 header to mid pipe
- GA16 black injectors
- Aspect 248 in, 256 out cams
- Nismo 0.6mm gasket
- SR20 throttle body installed
- stock internals

Are the parts above good enough for a NA street car?

I'm worried if the stock cg13 pistons hitting the valves on a 0.6mm gasket. Is it safe?

Should I change the pistons to a cg10 ones instead for higher comp?

Advise needed...

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
Radiolite22 WROTE:

"I'm giving up on my turbo project as having problem finding forged pistons and rods here in Singapore for the cg engine... :(<BR><BR>I'm thinking of a NA project instead... What I have now are:<BR><BR>- New Nismo clutch set<BR>- Autronic SMC installed<BR>- Muholland 4-2-1 header to mid pipe<BR>- GA16 black injectors<BR>- Aspect 248 in, 256 out cams<BR>- Nismo 0.6mm gasket<BR>- SR20 throttle body installed<BR>- stock internals<BR><BR>Are the parts above good enough for a NA street car? <BR><BR>I'm worried if the stock cg13 pistons hitting the valves on a 0.6mm gasket. Is it safe?<BR><BR>Should I change the pistons to a cg10 ones instead for higher comp?<BR><BR>Advise needed...

Got any unused turbo parts want to sell?

Sorry I'm getting my head around them for turbos atm, not much use for giving advice on an NA build haha

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
schoona WROTE:

"Radiolite22 WROTE:

"I'm giving up on my turbo project as having problem finding forged pistons and rods here in Singapore for the cg engine... :(

I'm thinking of a NA project instead... What I have now are:

- New Nismo clutch set
- Autronic SMC installed
- Muholland 4-2-1 header to mid pipe
- GA16 black injectors
- Aspect 248 in, 256 out cams
- Nismo 0.6mm gasket
- SR20 throttle body installed
- stock internals

Are the parts above good enough for a NA street car?

I'm worried if the stock cg13 pistons hitting the valves on a 0.6mm gasket. Is it safe?

Should I change the pistons to a cg10 ones instead for higher comp?

Advise needed..."</div>

Got any unused turbo parts want to sell?

Sorry I'm getting my head around them for turbos atm, not much use for giving advice on an NA build haha

I may be selling the parts I bought for the turbo project. I have stuffs like HKS manifolds, sr20 throttle body, adapters and fuel rails with purple injectors. Vf035 forester turbo, vf27 legacy turbo etc...

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Radiolite22 WROTE:

"Hi frank.

So your advise is that it'll be safe to go ahead with the 0.6mm gasket right? Any idea what kinda compression will I be looking at with this setup?

i guess they,re ok mate (you,re supposed to have 1mm clearance iirc tho), and it should raise the c/r about half a point

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

you,re supposed to have 1mm clearance

here,s how 1.0 pistons sit in the bores keith (dead flush with the deck !) so they will be very very close to the quench steps on the head @ high rpm

Attachments

• 77132.jpg
    77132.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 51

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"frank2 WROTE:

you,re supposed to have 1mm clearance"</div>

here,s how 1.0 pistons sit in the bores keith (dead flush with the deck !) so they will be very very close to the quench steps on the head @ high rpm

Hi Frank,

I'm finally moving on with my NA project. Just to check, based on the pic above on the 1.0 pistons, I reckon it won't be safe running the 0.6mm gasket with the 1.0 pistons huh? I'm worried on the pistons hitting the gasket when the engine is hot and piston expends at higher revs.

Been tempted at using the 1.0 pistons to increase the comPression ratio but no sure how much gain will I get by doing so, and if it is worth the risk...

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Hi frank,

My mechanic fixed up the stuffs and started the engine today... However there was very noisy tappet noise from the engine... Any idea what could be the cause? Anyway to solve this problem?

I'm worried if the noisy tappets may damage the engine... However, revving the engine seems to make the tappet noise go away...

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Radiolite22 WROTE:

"Hi frank,

My mechanic fixed up the stuffs and started the engine today... However there was very noisy tappet noise from the engine... Any idea what could be the cause? Anyway to solve this problem?

I'm worried if the noisy tappets may damage the engine... However, revving the engine seems to make the tappet noise go away...

bottom chain tensioner maybe keith ?
mine had a blockage the other week (its a tiny pinhole)and it sounded dreadful, but quietened down as the revs picked up, and when i ran it with the cam cover off you could see the cams jittering like mad @ idle

Back