Which way to go???

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Hi Guys,

I would love to have some inputs here, as to whether to Turbo or NA my car as planning to upgrade it's performance.

Current setup are:
1) CG13DE stock engine
2) GA15 Throttle Body
3) Sard Fuel Regulator
4) Jun lightened flywheel
5) 4.7 Final Drive
6) Excedy clutch
7) Short Shifter
8) 4-2-1 racing extractor
9) Remus exhaust
10) Pipercross Venom Kit

Parts that I have but not installed:
1) UK specs GA16 Injectors
2) SR20 Throttle Body with Nismo Adaptor plate
3) Subaru Forester TD035 Turbo
4) Subaru Legacy VF27 Turbo
5) HKS Exhaust Manifold
6) Autronic SMC Ecu
7) Greddy E-01 Boost Controller
8) Nissan R33Gtst fuel pump

Now I'm in a dilemma as to which way to go...

For a turbo setup, I will need the following( As I'm planning to go high power):

1) Front mount Intercooler
2) SR20DET fuel rails and injectors
3) Low comp Forged pistons with conrods
4) Thicker engine block gasket

For a N/A seup, I will need the following:

1) High Lift Cams
2) High rated springs, valves and retainers
3) High Comp Pistons
4) Quart Throttle
5) ???? (What else is needed for high powered N/A setup)?

At a lost here... Where do I go from here?? :(

CMF_jcmicra

» CMF Member
If its performance your going for, I'd say go the turbo set up since you already have most of the parts ready :) you can still get the cams with the turbo kit if you want even more power :D

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
How big of an injector shuold I get then?

I'm considering between a S13 SR20DET fuel rail with 370cc injectors (Purple) and S14 SR20DE fuel rail with 259cc injectors (Red).

Which is better if I want to achieve 100 whp. Is it achievable with stock internals??

CMF_Lowshitbox

» CMF Member
Man same topic discussed many times..... But if you've already gone and spent all this money on turbo, eboost, etc and sikk11's tb, coil and ecu and loom.... Be pretty retarded to go n/a, period. People pump out 90kwaw(122hp)+ on stock motors not to mention torque over say 90kw of n/a. Btw if you go quad tb you are converting to carby...

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
u'd probably want to consider a brake & handling upgrade as well - it's one thing to have a setup that is producing more kw's, it's another to make sure the car will stop when u need it to, and stick to the road when u've got your foot on the go pedal... i agree with Low****box - if u've already got a bunch of parts to go turbo, then do it... my setup proves that u can force a cg13 and pump out plenty of power without having to do anything with engine internals - as long as it's tuned properly, u'll be alright... in the end, it comes down to ca$hmoney - how much u've got, and how much ur willing to spend..

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Wat injector size would be suitable then? I've heard people saying not to get to big injectors as fuel control may cause an issue.
They say to choose one that is closer to the stock ones will be better. So to go 370cc or 259cc?

CMF_Lowshitbox

» CMF Member
LowMicra WROTE:

"Saves stuffing around with carbies

mate to go quad means stand alone ecu, custom loom, injsctors etc etc if go down that path..assume you're already going hardcore all the way.

since doing so why go through the trouble of modding fuel, throttle ps, injectors to keep efi? carby wont be needing all that..well not as much..hence kovert is going carby.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
since when did a aftermarket standalone plugs straight into k11 standard loom?!? im running a nismo k11 march ecu and even that need pins redone...and when are piggy backs any good?? ask gtrholic.. or sikk11 just to have a ga16 running not to mention quad ...

low honda k20 and k11 cg13de are 2 different leagues man... you can do **** loads with a hondata s300 but f### all with say nistune, not to mention obd1 ecu.

CMF_Lowshitbox

» CMF Member
LowMicra WROTE:

"Low****box WROTE:

"let it go man.. kid will learn. "</div>

It's okay, I get give **** all the time on this so called "FRIENDLY" forum, the guy I've been speaking to reckons it can be done with out a full loom rebuild and just an adapter piece made up.

Ill just prove those who think I dont know what I'm on about, wrong and run what I want to run on the setup I want

i think your mechanic is the one dont know what he's talking about..thus confusing you. they all make it sound easy, till you drop it off then its all extra..i agree mycra with k20 vs cg13de they completely different setup...you cant compare the 2. and hondata is VERY powerful.

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Low****box WROTE:

"Man same topic discussed many times..... But if you've already gone and spent all this money on turbo, eboost, etc and sikk11's tb, coil and ecu and loom.... Be pretty retarded to go n/a, period. People pump out 90kwaw(122hp)+ on stock motors not to mention torque over say 90kw of n/a. Btw if you go quad tb you are converting to carby...

To achieve the amount of hp, how much boost are we looking at?

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"Is a otherwise stock micra really that good to drive with a 100kw turbo motor? I get too much wheelspin with a stock motor, would hate 100kw without an LSD...

31V Gearbox with LSD is a rare item over here in Singapore. Would love to get one though...

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
1) UK specs GA16 Injectors
2) SR20 Throttle Body with Nismo Adaptor plate
3) Subaru Forester TD035 Turbo
4) Subaru Legacy VF27 Turbo
5) HKS Exhaust Manifold
6) Autronic SMC Ecu
7) Greddy E-01 Boost Controller
8) Nissan R33Gtst fuel pump

1) worth fk all
2) worth fk all
3) worth fk all
4) worth fk all
5) maybe worth a bit but easy to sell
6) can be used on n/a build
7) worth fk all? Easy to sell anyway
8) worth fk all

Is this the same list everyone is looking at saying "you've already spent heaps, go turbo"?

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"1) UK specs GA16 Injectors<BR>2) SR20 Throttle Body with Nismo Adaptor plate<BR>3) Subaru Forester TD035 Turbo<BR>4) Subaru Legacy VF27 Turbo<BR>5) HKS Exhaust Manifold<BR>6) Autronic SMC Ecu<BR>7) Greddy E-01 Boost Controller<BR>8) Nissan R33Gtst fuel pump"</DIV><BR><BR>1) worth fk all<BR>2) worth fk all<BR>3) worth fk all<BR>4) worth fk all<BR>5) maybe worth a bit but easy to sell<BR>6) can be used on n/a build<BR>7) worth fk all? Easy to sell anyway<BR>8) worth fk all<BR><BR><BR>Is this the same list everyone is looking at saying "you've already spent heaps, go turbo"?

Erm...sorry but what you mean by "worth fk all"???

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
hahahaha us's taking the piss....

alright 1st, these parts are worth probably around 3k(value of a K11).
2nd, seems you are more ready to go turbo than n/a, you dont have much atm to go n/a.
3rd why get confused all of a sudden?.... you must hv know what you wanted at some point...

Back