Gear oil

Has anyone ever had any trouble with their gearbox concerning oil? I'm just wondering because I get a strong vibration through the gear stick in all gears apart from 1st and 2nd (as far as I can hear). It makes a strange high-pitched vibrating noise too which gets quite a bit louder upon touching the gear stick. According to the Hayne's this could be due to worn bearings or lack of oil.

It usually gets worse in the process of a long journey.

Just wondering what the likelihood of it being the oil is and whether anyone has had similar troubles?

Also, when I move the gear stick towards 5th and reverse, it sticks a little bit before springing back to the middle (also seems to get worse after driving for a while). I'm guessing this is probably just a spring that needs replacing or something?

it could be the selector rod. the joint at the front where it connects to the gear box becomes worn. i took mine off and took a grinder to the rivet which holds it in place and used a bend bolt and a nut. did the job. i think the later k11 ones (after '00???) already have a nut and bolt holding this part together.

i have the same rattling, i got rid of it by putting on a full exhaust system cant hear nothing now lol

Back