gear box oil change help

hi got a 1.0 cg10 engine not sure what gear box just looking to change the gear box oil and wondering if any one can help with pics and oil type and oil amount

I use 75/80w gl4 from Halfords as the 85w upwards tends to be a bit thick on cold days. About 2.8l if you fill through the speedo drive, or if you use the correct filling hole on the front, then it's fill to spill.

Curiosity killed the cat however may I ask the advantages/disadvantages and on balance you’re reasoning for and the grades and types (API/SAE) of engine oil you use in your gearboxes?
reasoning of cheapness i guess, oil from my 45 gall drum of 15/40, if millions of front wheel drive austin rover cars survived ok on old engine oil in the g/box, then why not ?

reasoning of cheapness i guess, oil from my 45 gall drum of 15/40, if millions of front wheel drive austin rover cars survived ok on old engine oil in the g/box, then why not ?

Improvise adapt and overcome any necessity with the quickest cheapest optimum economic solution, to use what you have to hand to keep costs to a minimum; ~ my kind of reasoning in agreement.

However BMC era A-series engines and transmissions rapidly turned the engine oil to sludge and did not have the performance, machining tolerances and long-term mileage life durability expected of modern engines and transmissions?

Back