Automatic Gear Box

Hi everybody, am not too old in this forum but there are many useful posts I have read so far.

I have recently bought a Micra k11 1.0, 1994 Automatic Transmission. the problem is when am changing gears from P to R or to D the stick is to hard to shift, I have to pull it hard to get to the position I want.

does that have any relation with the gear oil, I mean do I need to change it?
if so, i have been looking for Gear box oil change procedure but I have got a bit confused as many post on manual transmission. How can I change my Auto gear box oil please..

Thanks in advance

Hello

It is very easy to change the oil, I'm not sure about the problem with the shifting the gear stick.
If you still need advise and instructions on how to change the oil i can help you just let me know.

How the stick moves have nothing to do with the oil. Need to check all the parts that connect the stick to the transmission, might be a seized bolt or pulley cable or something. Haven't looked at how the stick connects to the tranny.

Regardless, have your gear oil changed if it hasn't been changed in a few years.

thanks a lot for the replays.. the gears working fine accept that when am moving the stick between D and R it hard to change and sometimes i need to push the break pedal twice to get it in position.. am still wondering how to change the gearbox fluid on my automatic gear box .. thanks again

it is just like changing engine oil, jack up the car (be safe) then look under the the gearbox is (should be on the passenger side)........there is drain plug so undo it and make sure you capture the fluid, you just refill it through the gearbox dipstick hole.

Back