Forum moderation

How good a job do you think the forum team do on this point?

Have you had posts deleted or edited by the mods and felt that it wa unjustified or unfair in any way?

I feel heavy handed moderating of a forum can sometimes be far worse than no moderation at all, it seems to dumb down a forum and stifle the natural rhythm of the forum.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Never had any problems with moderation in any shape or form since being a member in 2001, but that's probably down to the fact that I have read and understood the terms and conditions of membership and abide the rules........plus a little common sense ;)

pugboxter, i think the mods have a thankless job to do and you,ll never please "all" the people "all" the time, but i dont think any of your posts warrant any criticism personally :)

Thanks Frank, I don't either, I find it rather annoying to say the least.

I'll be amazed if this thread is still here in the morning, it seems that free speech isn't something that is allowed on the MSC

On the whole our moderating team do a good job and a thankless job at that. Most of time they get it right, but on occasions misjudgments can be made, they are only human after all.

People are welcome to express there opinion here on the forums, otherwise this thread would have gone for example.

The majority of the time the online community gets on very well and without the need for any moderation at all.

You can also contact us if you wish to discuss any areas you are unhappy with. Maybe we can explain why posts are removed? With several moderators on here, we're all doing the job slightly differently. Im pleased with the positive feedback we receive and aim to keep this place one of the best car clubs on the Internet, which the MSC is known for.

you will never get a 'perfect' forum, debate and constructive criticism are what makes PROGRESS in my opinion.

On the whole our moderating team do a good job and a thankless job at that. (thank you from antony (Y)) Most of time they get it right, but on occasions misjudgments can be made, they are only human after all.

People are welcome to express there (their) opinion here on the forums, otherwise this thread would have gone for example.

The majority of the time the online community gets on very well and without the need for any moderation at all.

i dont see it as a problem, afterall if a post is not constructive or is against forum rules it gets removed. what does annoy me is when you have a thread with a reasonable debate going and someone starts another argument about "wheres my post gone blah blah blah blah...."
take the hint and post something else.....:p

starts another argument about "wheres my post gone blah blah blah blah...."
take the hint and post something else.....:p

I think that posts of this nature show that there clearly is a problem with the moderation on the forum, I realise that being a mod is a difficult position to be in at times.... BUT for gods sake the thread HUGH edited had been and gone before he decided to play GOD. He should have just walked on by and left it alone.

you will never get a 'perfect' forum, debate and constructive criticism are what makes PROGRESS in my opinion.

Well said, I couldn't agree more :)

You can also contact us if you wish to discuss any areas you are unhappy with. Maybe we can explain why posts are removed? With several moderators on here, we're all doing the job slightly differently. Im pleased with the positive feedback we receive and aim to keep this place one of the best car clubs on the Internet, which the MSC is known for.

I've asked for an explanation of this from HUGH, I think he was out of order.

I've asked for an explanation of this from HUGH, I think he was out of order.

That's your opinion. I'm sure if you speak to him in a decent enough manner, your questions will be answered. Posting this thread up and saying we're all doing a crap job isn't going to do you any favours though.

And i personally think Hugh was well within his right to remove your posts. You need to improve your attitude towards other members.

I've also never had a problem in the time that I've been here. Maybe the fact that you have been here 3 months and have already had infractions says more about you than it does about the moderation of the site.

my only gripe is that we should be allowed to edit our posts. sometimes people type too quick without thinking and if txt speak gets in there you cant edit it out just sit and wait for an infraction

yes you can..... there is an edit button at the bottom of your last post.

if there wasnt my spleling wlud be trebrible.

Is there the option to delete a post?

Anyway, I would say the moderation is fare. I've never really been affected because I stick to the T&C's for the forum, so...

Just to add to this thread, I reviewed the infractions as I do with all moderation that takes place here on the MSC and I choose after the review to reverse the infractions given.

On the 'rare' occasion I feel the moderation wasn't needed it does get reversed.

that was nice of you kev (Y)

i think this is one of the best run and friendliest sites on the net, yes sometimes people dont agree with certain things but you'll find that everywhere, this is the only forum i've joined where people actually make you feel welcome.

The only thing I've had deleted is a Rude Joke Thread, which was rude but funny, apart from that the Moders do a good job.

and to think that soon we won't have any members on here who haven't paid to be here, thats almost like moderation in itself lol

the Mods do a top job, never had any problem with anything they do, i have been here for years and you don't have to read the terms and conditions to know what you can and can't post, it is just common sense.

Back