Power drop off problem?

CMF_RoadsterGarage

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

I have had a bit of a problem with my micra as of late, and i am curious to see if anyone has had a similar problem, or knows whats going on with my micra.

Its kinda hard to describe so please bare with me.

I was coming back from Nelson bay yesterday, and about 60kms from sydney the car would start to drop off on power slightly.

You would notice it on the speedo and you can feel/hear it. Its kinda like the car is missing spark in one cylinder for a split second. Anyway it will get worse and when you try to accelerate to keep a constant speed (or get up a hill) the car would loose all power until you released the pedal.

it just gets worse and worse until you stop basically. You can try to take off again but its like the clutch is stuck when you do, very wierd.

Anyway it did this three or four times on the way home, i pulled over a few times and let the car cool down for 5 minutes with the bonnet open. It seemed to help the problem.

Though i do not think it is heat oriantated, as it started doing this two weeks ago as soon as i started the car, though i have had no problems since yesterday.

Anyone have any similar symptons before, or have any idea what it could be?

Thanks,

Adam.

Back