• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Kirkynut's 2002 1.0 K11 aka - Mickey/The Sh*tbox

Nothing much has been going on with Mickey/The Sh*tbox recently due to life being busy and having to spend money on boring things, holidays and the Mrs car.

I still have the desire to put Mickey on coilovers and fit some nice wheels though.

He's due an oil change soon, which I have the bits for but I've not had the time and the Mrs car needs an oil change and brake pads fitting first. Yawn!

I've a few ideas to develop the Sh*tbox theme though and I need to properly sort out my parcel shelf and speakers.

I've just added this sticker out of necessity more than anything else. I'll repair it at some point but I don't have the time or botheration right now as I have man-flu and might die if I strain myself that much.

I'm gonna have a lay down now as not only did I have to fire up the label maker but I also had to put new batteries in it, which we all know is too much for someone with man-flu!

20210925_170945.jpg

Long time no post as I've been busy buying another green laner in the form of a Land Rover Discovery TD5, which has been sucking time and money from me. As a result, I have not done much to Mickey.

I've replaced the boot handle with one from an early model that has the Nissan logo in it and is grey plastic. They seem much stronger than the later ones.

One other thing I did a while back though, which I thought I'd posed about but hadn't, was fitting me rear shelf speakers properly:

P5i2laU.jpg

Otherwise, Mickey carries on in true reliable K11 fashion but he needs a new clutch as I drive him through flood water last October, due to there being no other way home, and it washed all of the grease from the clutch release bearing! He's been shouting about it ever since, every time I push the clutch down!

I'd still like to get wheels and coilovers but the house and the Disco demand my money and attention and I cannot spend money on Mickey for fun right now.

Kirkynut

Back