F/S Gauging Interest In Adjustable Rear Strut Braces

Hia guys,

Since the adjustable panhard rod came out so well, i have been looking at making some adjustable rear strut braces too. I have had a couple of people ask if i would make one. I Would just like to know if anyone else would be interested really, its not really worth drawing up a design and getting materials if im only going to make one or two.

It would bolt in between the two strut tops in your boot. The idea of a rear strut brace is to stiffen up the chassis and therefore improve handling.

They would be made from mild steel (could be painted if you like for a little extra).

Price for an off car adjustable one would be £35 +£5postage
And Price for on car adjustable would be £50 +£5postage

This is what the off car adjustable one looks like...
attachment.php

attachment.php

The on car adjustable one would look much like the Off-C-A one but with a turn-buckle to adjust it, much like the one on my panhard rod:
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=18316&stc=1&d=1297506024

Attachments

• Finished Middle.jpg
    Finished Middle.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCF3456 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF3456 (Medium).JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 779
  • DSCF3458 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF3458 (Medium).JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 779
I like that, I'd be interested in the on car one for my k10
If you can give me a measurement of the length you would need (give or take 5mm as there will obviously be some adjustment) and a picture of the strut tops i will look into it. likely to be the same price.
probably easier if you PM me mate:)

count me in big boy :)

ooh can you make roll cages to:p
No problem mate, gimme a bell and we can discuss it eh..
haha, not sure about that for now, maybe when i get my new garage:D

I am interested to.
Ok, for a k11 i assume? on or off car adjustable? PM me and we can work something out:)

would love to mate have a noddie handling kit but i use my boot far too much maybe another day :D

looked into a front one yet? if you do maybe deign it so it avoids the 1.6 air box as im sure many others will interfear! just an idea(Y)

Ok, seems that there is a fair bit of interest. Il look into ordering the materials within the next few days and let you guys now.

He hasnt made them yet dude. But check the making of his adjustable panhard rods to see the good quality of his workmanship if your in doubt (Y)

He hasnt made them yet dude. But check the making of his adjustable panhard rods to see the good quality of his workmanship if your in doubt (Y)
Thankyou :D

Ill be interested in getting a off car adjustable rod please dude(Y)
No problem (Y)

Silly newbie question here but whats the difference between the 2? They both serve the same purpose right?
Yes, essentially they are. Really you could make them non adjustable. However, im going to make the off car adjustable ones just to ease fitment really . I want to make sure everyone can fit it without problems. The on car adjustable ones imo are even better because you can fit them and then wind it out for slightly more bracing action.

Put my name down for an Off the car one Noddie :)
Okey Dokey :) Il post up here once i have made a couple and go from there.

Why adjustable?
doesnt have to be. but for reasons stated above(Y)

Can you tell me what the postage to germany cost?
I will be able to once i have made one and know the weight. never had experience of posting abroad though so couldn't even guess. If you want to look yourself, it will be about 10cm x 10cm x 100cm and weigh not more than 3kg.

Its likely to be a little while (couple of weeks) before i get much further with these, iv got a fair bit on at the moment.

how does this fix in the car??? to the tops of the turrets or to the threaded bit of the shocker?, if it is the shocker i cant see what difference it will make, but if it is on the turrets then it should

how does this fix in the car??? to the tops of the turrets or to the threaded bit of the shocker?, if it is the shocker i cant see what difference it will make, but if it is on the turrets then it should

Would fit to the shock, what makes you think it wouldnt make a difference??
there is no sideways play from shock to turret?
my plan was something like this omp one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OMP-Anthracit...HALL-CORSA-C-ALL-/180521038643#ht_2072wt_1139
Otherwise you have to drill'n'bolt/weld the strut on, which imo is not something many people would want to do themselves.

i agree hardly anyone will be able to do it,

but my line of thought is that if its to stiffen the body up then it should fasten to the body, i.e. the front strut brace. that bolts to the actual strut top and not the threaded part of the shocker (which is still free to move in its rubber bushings)

i agree hardly anyone will be able to do it,

but my line of thought is that if its to stiffen the body up then it should fasten to the body, i.e. the front strut brace. that bolts to the actual strut top and not the threaded part of the shocker (which is still free to move in its rubber bushings)

Yes, but the rear shock hasn't got a rubber bush giving it the side to side movement, only slight up and down (which isn't a problem). So the top of the shock is 'fastened' to the body, so anything fastened to the shock is in turn fixed to the body.

its still fastened by rubber bushes, its not solidly bolted like the front ones

Tbh i think your wrong. As far as i am aware the shocks have a rubber bush that sits between the car body and the nut, this is to allow some up and down damping to stop any knocking when you go over a bump. but it does not allow any side to side movement of the shock.
Only the 'triangle braces' are designed to limit up and down movement, those are allot more complicated to make and fit.
Im not the sort of person to make something that i dont think will work just to make some money out of people, thats just not the sort of person i am.
But if you can prove me wrong please do:) I dont want to spend ages making something that wont work.

Right, first one is all made up.
here are some pictures...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Let me know what you think :)

btw, this one is already sold, but if anyone is still interested just PM me and il make you one :)

Attachments

• DSCF3456 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF3456 (Medium).JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 353
  • DSCF3457 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF3457 (Medium).JPG
    101 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCF3458 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF3458 (Medium).JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 369
  • DSCF3460 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF3460 (Medium).JPG