F/S Rear Strut Brace

sorry to hijack the thread daft question / request for a ak11 (facelift) could a bar be constructed that would bolt onto the captive nuts on the rad frame to come forward to enable the fitment of fog / driving lamps ? and if so how huch would it cost?

Hey Noddie, I will be getting another K11 soon, I will definatley be interested in a rear un-painted strut brace but not yet.

I know this should have been a PM but I think there'll be others interested in this too?

Like the one you can see in the attatched photo. IIRC they bolt onto where the upper mounts are for the rear seatbelts.

Attachments

• hashimotok1131.jpg
    hashimotok1131.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 5,047
Hey Noddie, I will be getting another K11 soon, I will definatley be interested in a rear un-painted strut brace but not yet.

I know this should have been a PM but I think there'll be others interested in this too?

Like the one you can see in the attatched photo. IIRC they bolt onto where the upper mounts are for the rear seatbelts.

Iv got a couple in Stock but won't be making any more until June next year (after uni), so don't wait too long. I'v got loads of powder coated ones though.

That looks interesting! But again, it would be next year till I can think about making them really.

Ed

btw noddie just getting round to fitting this after all these months and my nut isnt coming off theres no grip left for molegrips to hold onto and its just spinningdo i need the rubber bush or can i just cut it off ?

Can you get the molegrips on the shock shaft from below? you will have to pull down the bump stop. (make sure you cover them with something like innertube so you done scratch the shock tube).

Even with rubber between grips and shaft?
The nut must be dam tight!
Otherwise I would find someone with an air gun to rattle it off.

Back