K10 strut braces

superls

K10 Tuner
Hi all,

In addition to my ‘strut brace idea’ thread I am gauging interest in K10 strut braces, for the moment just the front ones, but rears to follow.

Basically there are 2 options (for now):

1) Single stainless steel adjustable brace, the one closest to the front of the engine in the pic, and it will be adjustable in the middle.
2) Twin stainless steel adjustable brace, basically the one in the pic but both bars will be adjustable in the middle.

There could be another 2 options, 3) stainless steel non adjustable single and 4) stainless steel non adjustable twin, if there is call for them.

DSC01240.jpg

Rough costs,
1) Between £30-40
2) Between £50-60
3) Between £25-35
4) Between £45-55

As ever all prices depend on demand and material costs.

At the moment I am looking into powder coated mild steel ones, but they are working out more expensive,

Also all of the above options may be available in aluminum, but don’t know prices yet.

would people want a polished aluminum one instead of a polished stainless one?

Cheers all, discuss below, and please come forward with your recommendations and comments

i would be pretty darn interested when i got some pennys..

looks good tbh but wanna get a good deal on the right option

cheers

Are you able to make ]----------[ out of mild steel? That being a single bar across welded to a c peice at each end.

really interested although may have an issue with my webber! if we get a dry day i'l see if one will fit with either of my carbs. also definately interested in a rear if they are made up!

Im not sure how you would go about one, it cant go up and over the weber filters, becuase it will hit the bonnet, therefore it will have to go around either both one way or split one around each way like the very well draw pic below :p

The red squares are the weber filters, i think ill have to leave it until next payday as this will cost a bit more to make im guessing, but if you could give a rough est, that would be good :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 308
I havent got any exact dimensions, but there is about 6 inch between the firewall and the start of the webers and then the other side there is nothing, you could fit a supercharger there lol

@olly, mild steel? why not s/s?

@curtis, take measurements and draw them up, or write them on a photo and ill have a look for you. (off topic but did u post the g/box yet?)

Mild steel due to cost and the fact I'm gunna paint it myself and want to do a slight welding modification to it when it's on my car.

If I thought my car would pass it's next MOT I'd get s/steel lol

well when they come, let me know,

just to let you know im experimenting with welding stainless so will open up the different posibilities.

Back