engine out and re-fit

im goin to take my engine out and buy a heynes manual aswell because car is goin to be sprayed and i will forget where everything goes.

im wondering what to take off eg cross member wil it be easier to take that off and gearbox?

thanks scott

The cross member is welded and bolted in so you will have to cut that to get it out - it will be a shedload easier to remove the engine like that, however.
Unplug the wiring at the ECU and feed it through the gromit and it will make your wiring much more simple when you come to put it back.
Craig

without a crossmemeber you can use a jack and just slide it out...but as said its welded in place so unless youre replacing it, youre gonna have to either do a up and over by hand (gearbox and engine seperate)...or it is possible (again seperated engie and gearbox) to slide them out from underneath while leaving the centre member in place just needs more wiggliing. Either that get yourself a hoist (probs the easiest) and a few helpers.

Depending how determined you are it is possible to get the engine in by yourself with only a jack if you take your time and make sure you dont drop it :)

when i put mine back in i removed the front wheels to get the car decked so i could first slide it under then lower the car to the floor and then i only needed to raise the engine a small amount so it would sit on the centre member and line it up to the engine mount-- should work just aswell in reverse.

for placement of stuff, id just label all the plugs so you know what they are for...the loom in the engine bay, will automatically go to where it was originally (if you leave it loose), you can see from the way it bends where it wants to go.

Back