Engine cutting out/jumping

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
As some may know i had a car accident in the K11 just over a week ago.Today all the cosmetics got repaired and was read to go back on the road.Went for a test drive and theres something not right with it.

First time started fine and i pulled out of my drive and down the road.The engine doesnt seem to rev high,changing gear in low revs was fine,but proved difficult to do so in high revs.

For example i'm in 2nd gear,going through the revs and the higher the revs the more 'stuttering' the car goes and starts to 'kangeroo' if you know what i mean.So i was having to change gear in low revs,even driving the car started to stutter and bounce backwards and forwards.

Stopped at the petrol station,came back to the car and turned the engine on.The engine hadnt been idle for 1min and it cut out,with the battery and oil light on.Turned off,started again and same thing happened.The revs had to be high for the engine to stay running.So i pulled away best i could and went home.

Got home and sat in the drive way and took a couple of videos of just turning the engine on,here they are:

>> Video 01 <<

>> Video 02 <<

I'm presuming i damaged something internal in the engine when i had the accident.Would REALLY appreciate all the help on this please!

Thanks (sorry for the essay)

check every connector is on still in a accident i found most of my relays and stuff came off the holders, also check ht leads etc

While i was at work,dad fixed my car.Apprently my induction kit had came off the carb/throttle body and was loosing pressure and he said something else but cant remember.Its all sorted now and drives fine :D

could it have been the TB vacuum tube? cos mine used to kangaroo all over after forgetting to reconnect it during a rebuild. ran flawless after i reconnect the pipe.

just a quick question.

and i know my cars knakered ...but...

under 3400rpm my car pulls like a train in 1-5th.
abover 3400rpm the car will pull (and accelerate) very very quickly in 1st and second.

abover 3400rpm in 3 4 5th gears though, at full throttle it has huuuge torque flat spots. and i mean massive, to the point where im having to dip the clutch at 40mph whilst accelerating and rev the engine to stop if dying.

cam timing is spot on,
oil pressure is fixed,
checked alternator,
new battery (this didnt fix the problem)
could it be ignition timing?

so my car goes (on a 0-60 sprint)
"throttle--wheelspin.....limiter,......change gear 2nd....wheelspin......limiter, change gear .....3rd.......pulls...then splutter.....flat spot.........6000rpm huuge jump in torque.....limiter, change gear, 4th........another huuuge flat spot 5th....

however, at 30mph in 5th gear if i stick me foot down. it will pull hard till about 3500rpm, then flat spots again..

god i hate my engine at the mo.

Antony, your car sounds typical for a k11 with miles thats been modified and is still running on a stock ecu. Without writing masses of schpeel all I can say is get it remaped. The standard rom is so far from optimal it's crazy.

Back